Order received From Amber Ridge Candles..NOT what I ordered

littleshote

Well,,I was buying wholesale from her,,and we were at Canton Texas Trades Day together and she ran out of Creme Brulee and I offered to let her SELL mine, the ones that I already paid for with the understanding and promise for her to replace them with the same..WELL..have to say that she also got upset for me NOT asking her to go to some Big shows with me,,so after she got home, she called and said she couldnt wholesale to me anymore,,well I asked about the candles that I had let her "borrow" and she said that I would get them..all of this happened in NOVEMBER,,and I, just got the candles two days ago,,and they were NOT the quaility of the ones that I had let her "sell"..so you see, its more of a SPITEFUL thing that she has done..she DID give me the candles that she owed me,,JUST NOT THE QUAILITY ones..shoddy quality right?..anyway thats the explaination..

Sounds like this is a result of a personal dispute with the owner of Amber Ridge Candles... I would not judge their customer relations nor product quality from this, although it would cause me to beware... Hopefully you can resolve your differences with the owner amicably.:D

I would not judge their customer relations nor product quality from this

Surely you must be kidding?

If someone can't separate business from personal, they don't need to be in business. I'd rather poke out my eye with a rusty wick pin, than to send out crap like this for spite.

Hell, even if I didn't like someone, both ethics and my conscious could never let me do this. Ever.

Surely you must be kidding?

If someone can't separate business from personal, they don't need to be in business. I'd rather poke out my eye with a rusty wick pin, than to send out crap like this for spite.

No, I wasn't kidding.

If I had a problem with the quality of products I had ordered from someone with whom I had attended shows and purchased wholesale products, I would resolve it with them directly and not post it on a public forum, which seems spiteful in and of itself... Just my humble opinion... :lipsrseal

I certainly agree that these candles are not of a quality that I would be proud to sell or give away. I would let my husband burn them in his shed, however, so long as the wicks were centered...:wink2:

I have better looking stuff in my scrap wax / melt down pile!

So true, so true! LOL

If I sent any of my wholesale accounts a pillar like that.....oye! You have to let them know that this is the not the product or quality that you expect, nor the service.

Well,,,all,,I have tried for nearly l month to resolve this problem..what I didnt tell you all is that I was also wholesaleling my product to her, and the day that this all happened she TOOK my product with the promise of paying me,,AND sending me the candles lent to her,,I had to resolve to sending her a DEMAND letter, certified, and finally got my check,,BUT this is the result of the resolve..SO you see there was nothing MORE I could do..Most certainly this was done SPITEFULLY,,and she if sent me an email saying that this should END our business together..lol..well YES..I originally was going to ask if there could be any FIX for these..but on other boards,,well they just said toss, or make firestarters from them..lol..

littles

I'm not quite sure I understand all of this. Who made these candles? Are you both candlemakers? I'm sorry, but from I can see of the pics, those are ugly candles. I don't find the second set appealing, either. I'm finding it difficult to believe that anyone would "sell out" of candles that look like those. Is it just my monitor? Other pics in the gallery look good. Or is there something really special about these candles that makes the customer not care about the appearance.

I think those need to be made into firestarters.

ok,,no I am NOT a candlemaker,,I make decorative candle holders...she would take my holders and HER candles to shows, and I would TAKE her candles and my holders to shows..the candles arent that PRETTY,,but people like the scent..Creme Brulee..I think I MAY have found a way to SAVE some of the UGLY ones,,I took a credit card and scrapped the sides,,now if I could smooth them..I might be able to salvage some..lol..

Do you sell as sets with the candle and the holder? I am curious as to what kind of price you get for such a candle. Seriously, there are other people who do wholesale with that fragrance and produce a very pretty candle. You didn't say how your sales are, but I would think if you got a nicer looking candle you would sell more. Just my thoughts.

BTW--could you post a pic of the candle and holder together?