Candles made with JS 50/50

Godiva

These are jars from Libbey - I like the interlude shapes best (far right and front candles). I like the roman jar (left), too. Has anyone used these shapes in their business and if yes, have they sold well, or do most people prefer simple, traditional shapes like the mason and barrel type jars?

post-2836-139458415923_thumb.jpg

I like those containers and others out there with unique shapes.

How do they burn and how hard are they to wick? Looks you can't get a complete melt pool both top & bottom or you will over wick the middle & get it to hot.

Containers can look so great but just not right for candles.

I experimented with the 12oz interlude jars and in my experience had very little problem wicking them, I did however get soot if I marathon burned them, but I think that will happen with any jar and no hang up. I don't know about the larger size interlude I didn't try to wick them. I ended up not using the jar because it was too expensive with lid and shipping. BTW the candles are very pretty...:wink2:

I use the hour galss jars regularly. My higher end customers love them. For me, the burn very well and look great. I had an order of 50 just from one customer for Christmas gifts for his clients. I have all 3 sizes. Can't say enough good about them. My lower end customers like the jelly jars and smaller jars. Hope this helps.

Happy New Year EV1!

Suzi Patrick

Tripple Bar Candle Company

I love the layered one, great colors. People in my area love contemporary and classical jars, like the ones you have there, no one buys the masons. I guess it really depends on the people in your own area. You would have to test your own market and see what they like. Craft shows are the best way to do that.