These were a hit at my local show

Carriegsxr6

These 10oz Monticiano jars were a big hit at a local craft show I participated in yesterday. I have been doing apothecary jars, but they were just getting too expensive, so I decided to go with these as a classic alternative. I sold more of these than the square masons I also had. It seems people in my area enjoy the classic/contemporary look instead of the country/homespun look.

IMG_1839.jpg

Love the look of your container. Cane see why they were a hit at your last show. If dust is a concern you can always cut a disk out of transparency film and put that on top. I have yet to find a top that works with any of the tumbler type containers I have tested.

Those are very pretty. I am considering getting rid of the apothecary jars I use because of the shipping costs on them... that lid weighs a ton. I was thinking maybe I would use those plastic disks that I've seen on candles in stores... it has a little hole in the middle and fits inside the jar opening. Does anyone know where to get those?

Love the look of your container. Cane see why they were a hit at your last show. If dust is a concern you can always cut a disk out of transparency film and put that on top. I have yet to find a top that works with any of the tumbler type containers I have tested.

Dust and scent loss is not a concern for me at this time, since I only make large batches for upcoming craft shows and I dont have anyone buying from a retail shop.

I would most likely use the idea above if the day ever came where they would be sitting around on retail shelves.

Those are very pretty. I am considering getting rid of the apothecary jars I use because of the shipping costs on them... that lid weighs a ton. I was thinking maybe I would use those plastic disks that I've seen on candles in stores... it has a little hole in the middle and fits inside the jar opening. Does anyone know where to get those?

We could probably make our own, by cutting our own plastic disk and using a hole puncher to punch the whole for the wick. Something like that.

I searched all the supplies I have in my "favorites" and found some of the plastic discs at WSP and they are cheap! $5.50 for 50 of them, so think that will be the avenue I go down. May stay with the apothecary jars I currently use (26oz) because then I don't have to go through all the testing again, I know my 60-44-18z wick burns out to the edges just fine. The jars aren't real expensive if you don't buy the lid (from Fairway).

I searched all the supplies I have in my "favorites" and found some of the plastic discs at WSP and they are cheap! $5.50 for 50 of them, so think that will be the avenue I go down. May stay with the apothecary jars I currently use (26oz) because then I don't have to go through all the testing again, I know my 60-44-18z wick burns out to the edges just fine. The jars aren't real expensive if you don't buy the lid (from Fairway).

thanks for the great find on the disks ;)