What are those things on the top of the candles.

I think you're talking about the wax flaking? kind of sparkly sometimes?

sometimes it's inferior wax (stuff from Michael's will do that) and sometimes it's all about the temp that the candle was poured at. Sometimes hitting it with a heat gun will take care of that cosmetic problem.

you are probably seeing soy pellets....some soy wax comes in the form of pellets instead of flakes...I've seen many candles with the pellets on top.C

Yes.....they look like pellets, not flakes. I thought they looked kinda cool to add to my candles and wanted to see what purpose they served.

Yes.....they look like pellets, not flakes. I thought they looked kinda cool to add to my candles and wanted to see what purpose they served.

I think it serves a dual purpose...one, it covers up the typically ugly tops, and two, I've always viewed it as a mental marketing thing...soy candle with something soybean like on top.

Swan Creek does this in one of their lines - see http://www.swancreekcandle.com/kipaja.html . The pellets themselves are also sold by the scoop at the displays for tart burners - see http://www.swancreekcandle.com/waxmelters.html .
I like those. I do a second pour on my Soy containers so the tops always look nice but they would add a nice touch. I wouldn't want the scented ones though because they probably wouldn't match the candles FO very well.

May have to try those one day.

I haven't looked at the moonglow ones, but the swan creek ones - theirs matches the scents they sell. For example, one FO they have I like I think they call it "lemon icebox" or something like that - they also have the drops of the same FO type.