Packaging Melts

Has anyone used these with good luck?

http://stores.ebay.com/LA-CONTAINER_ELLIPSO-portion-cups-1-6-oz_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZ1QQfsubZ7QQftidZ2QQtZkm

I am thinking that I want to make melts now - we have a big jar we pour the run offs in, so why not make a little money if I have the leftovers?

What is the standard size for melts anyway? Is 1oz too small?

Thanks for the help!

But my question is you say that you are going to use the wax used for containers as tarts......right? If so, it wont release from the packaging. These containers say they are microwaveable and are heavy duty. I think it would be great if you could pour directly into these and just put the lids on when cool! Anyone else using these?

But my question is you say that you are going to use the wax used for containers as tarts......right? If so, it wont release from the packaging. These containers say they are microwaveable and are heavy duty. I think it would be great if you could pour directly into these and just put the lids on when cool! Anyone else using these?

Color me confused. I'm not sure why you would say that it won't release from the packaging? Wax pops right out of these small plastic cups. The whole purpose of using them would be that you can pour directly into them, snap the lid on, and VOILA! -- you're finished.

Kristine...from my experience be sure they are polypropelene and have a recycle rating of 5. Otherwise they are too flimsy and if anything other than polypro may 'suck' out the fragrance.

I use votive wax in them...not just because they pop out more easily (regular container wax will also pop out) but after melted/re-hardened they must be scraped out of the burner or placed in the freezer for awhile before easily removed (inconvenient when in a hurry). The votive type wax will pop out of the burner easily...much more convenient IMO...

I don't use this brand of cups, but I do make my melts in portion cups. I get the polypro ones from www.foodservicedirect.com I have not had any issues of them not holding up, as a matter of fact, they hold up better during shipping and protect my melts much more than when I packaged them in polypro ziplocks. I love them, won't ever got back! I use the 2 ounce cups and fill them about 3/4 of the way up.

From my experience only... the reason why the wax should not stick is because of the flexibility of the plastic cup. All that needs to be done to release any kind of wax... (except soy which I don't use and can't speak for) is to break the seal of wax against container. With out flexibility this is difficult, but in these loose plastic cups I can not immagine much difficulty. JMO.

I received a couple melts from a company that participated in the LBB this month and she was using these 1oz black containers with lid. They are very sturdy - impossible to break (I tried lol) - they look really nice and the wax just popped right out of them. They are narro on the bottom and wide on the top, that is why I think they worked so well.

I am going to order them and hope for the best. If they don't pan out - oh well, not really out much money anyway ;)

Thanks everyone for your honest input!!

• 2 weeks later...