best type of dye for soy

ok i gotta know, what is the best type of dye to use for soy candles, i've used the dye blocks and reddi glo chips. and been wanting to try out liquid. any suggestions would be great

I have tried them all but I perfer using the block cause they are less messy un like the liquid ones I'm a bit of a clutz and some how manage to spill my liquid dye all the time

I use Peak liquid dyes and I LOVE them. I don't know how I ever did without them before. A 1oz bottle lasts a long time for me. I have dyes that I purchased over a year ago and still have half a bottle left. I only have to use about 1-2 drops per pound of wax for a good dark color and even less than that if I'm going for pastel.

I get my dyes from www.cierracandles.com. They have an extensive line of liquid dyes, which I love. I think it lasts longer than the chips or blocks and less messy as well. I make soy and paraffin candles and I use the dyes for both of them---it works out great! HTH

ok i gotta know, what is the best type of dye to use for soy candles, i've used the dye blocks and reddi glo chips. and been wanting to try out liquid. any suggestions would be great

I use both. I would prefer the blocks over the dyes except for one small thing, it's hard for me with the blocks to duplicate the exact same color for new lot of candles because I use such a small amount (even what's considered a large amount) doesn't register on my scale. It's a lot easier to duplicate color using the dyes because 1 drop is almost identical to the next 1 drop.

Hope you find the right dye for you!

:D

thanx guys i think i will give the liquids a try... any input on NG's or candlewic's dyes their the closest and best suppliers i have near me their actually like the only ones i'll order from ordered from cierra once but the distance was to much on my bank acct. lol

I'm using NG's Liquid Dyes and love them... they're VERY concentrated.. a little goes a long way. You've got to be careful though... too much dye can produce a fuel smell if you're not careful. Just don't go using like 11 drops of dye per pound of wax and you're fine! :D I highly reccommend them... I've got one of every color they have!

I'm using NG's Liquid Dyes and love them... they're VERY concentrated.. a little goes a long way. You've got to be careful though... too much dye can produce a fuel smell if you're not careful. Just don't go using like 11 drops of dye per pound of wax and you're fine! :D I highly reccommend them... I've got one of every color they have!

how many drops pp do you usually use?

I get mine at Just By Nature...they are the non-stinky kind. I love them. I get a few special colors that JBN does not carry from other places.

I think those are the Eco Dyes, you can also get them at Greenleaf..I like using them because they are more eco-friendly and they do not have that petroleum smell to them!:wink2:

how many drops pp do you usually use?

Depending on how strong the FO is.. you can get higher...

I'll use anywhere from 1-6 drops pp (depending on the desired color, of course.. and mixing colors) but some strong scents I can get away with 8 or 9 drops pp. Typically, though, it's in the 1-6 range.

This thread I posted a while back shows off a broad color range... these are all done w/ NG's liquid dyes:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread~t~37347.php

Depending on how strong the FO is.. you can get higher...

I'll use anywhere from 1-6 drops pp (depending on the desired color, of course.. and mixing colors) but some strong scents I can get away with 8 or 9 drops pp. Typically, though, it's in the 1-6 range.

This thread I posted a while back shows off a broad color range... these are all done w/ NG's liquid dyes:

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread~t~37347.php

thanx so much ordered them yesterday should be getting them monday