Took the plunge! FINALLY!

Rsvlbrat

Well, I finally did it.

We have a craft faire at work each year to benefit the Food Bank. It's only for the folks at work and it used to have alot of vendors. It's been getting smaller....I don't know why! I look forward to shopping each year.

This year I got a booth. I had a bunch of Christmas containers that did real well! I had made some votive holders and had them bagged nicely but they didn't sell to well.

The faire was from 8:00 to 1:30. I had made booth by 8:30 so that made me happy.

The only problem was we were setup next to a lady and her dad who were selling things made out of cork. She was selling Party Lite! But that's not the problem, you see...her dad had a flatulance(?) problem that even the candles could not cover up! It was not fun!

Well - just wanted to share. It was alot of work (like you all know) but worth it and I'd do it again!

Thanks for all the support folks!:highfive:

Glad you're containers did well! I won't be doing shows for a long time if ever! lol So sorry about the gas problem. I know with some people it's medical, but still there are OTC products to help with that, especially if you're gonna be out in a crowd of people!

Stephanie

Next time take some air freshener and keep spraying it, LOL. Some people don't care where they are, and get a kick out of doing that in public. I have a friend that does that. He claims he can't smell .... and the only way he knows if he lets a good one, is by the people's expressions. I told him he is NOT RIGHT! :Werd:

Congrats on the container candles. And BAH to PartyLite. :D

Congtrats on the Christmas containers.I did one show and sold none but do have a lady who wants a Snowman jar on my website.She lives about 20 miles from me.Also some other orders coming in December from site.My friend's co-workers are shopping now.

Sorry about the problem you had.The other problem is if he did it just when you get a customer that is BAD. Hope next year you can get another location and stay away from them.I would definetly burn a candle or 2 or 3.

LynnS

Congratulations!! Maybe a warmer with a real, strong scent to cover your neighbor. You could come up with and "Old Fart" fragrance I guess... With that kind of problem, he should not have been working with the public. Some boys never get past 10.. my son is at that age where that type of thing is REALLY funny. Oh well, you got a good story to tell down the road. :D