Oh, My Gosh, That's it....

HeavenScentU

I am done doing shows. I have had it with them. I just finished my last show of the year, finally.... Well to make a long story short another crafter which I have never met in my life came over to my booth and started asking the personal questions, again on where I get this and that, no problem I handled it. Than she asked, "Oh how much are your wholesale prices?" I looked a little puzzled and said "They are half the price that is posted!" She proceeded to start picking out what she wanted to buy about $200.00 worth in candles and she said she would be back with the cash. I said that is fine I will have the total tallied and everything wrapped and ready for her. She came back with half the money and handed it to me and I gave her the receipt with the total amount due. She looked at the total and said "Oh I thought everything was wholesale?" I looked at her and said it would be if she wanted to buy everything in case lots of 12. She said oh I thought you were going to sell me them at wholesale. I said no I can't do that without a completed wholesale agreement. She just turned and walked away. What the *^#* is going on with people. Like I would walk over to her booth or anyone else's and say I want to buy their products wholesale. Give me a break!!!!!! I also had people asking me if the tarts were edible. WHAT!!!!!I was ready to SCREAM!!!!!!!!

There are just no words for that scenario.. lol

Apparently she had no clue what wholesale was or how it works. :o

Dang.. I wish it worked that way.. Walk up to buy something and expect instant 50% off wholesale pricing just because you're another vendor...:laugh2:

It takes all kinds.:rolleyes:

Yup, I had a customer buy some tarts because she loved the fragrance. Left my booth. Minutes later came back in and asked how they were to be used. Were they for eating? :o My kids nearly laughed in her face. :undecided

BETCHA SHE DID TRY TO EAT ONE AND HAD TO COME BACK AND ASK!! LMBO

OH LORDY LORD...

DANI

Could she not tell they were made of wax? Hmmmm....some people....lmaoooooooo

Yup, I had a customer buy some tarts because she loved the fragrance. Left my booth. Minutes later came back in and asked how they were to be used. Were they for eating? :o My kids nearly laughed in her face. :undecided

Sad enough there is always some ignorant person out there that sees the word "butter" or "tarts" and thinks its edible. A lot of huge manufacturer's put "Not for consumption" for liability reasons. It takes that one person to taste test and go into analphalaxis and then you have a law suit because they were a moron.

I do think its out right rude for other crafter's to assume that they get a discount. People always want something for nothing.

Oh, and I won't even tell you how many times customers have asked if I'm selling fudge when they see my display soap bars. Once I found little bitty teeth marks in one of my soap bars. :laugh2: Guess the kid decided not to hack off a chunk since it apparently didn't taste as good as it smelled.

In the kid's defense, it *was* a chocolate raspberry truffle soap. :D

People are nuts. I have tons of people think my soap is cheese or fudge, one dumb@^& actually bit into soap, others think the bath salts are rock candy or crystals, bath bombs are jaw breakers, tarts are cupcakes. I have had people buy tarts also and come back wondering what they actually bought...go figure.

I am basically done w/shows as well, just have my open house and a small thing for my sisters work. I am so glad not to be dealing directly with the public for a short while:cheesy2: