Dry Oil Perfume

Crafty1

Perfume, which do you perfer  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Perfume, which do you perfer

• Roll On
    • Body Spray or Mist, Dry Oil Perfume, etc

Okay, I have been toying with this for a little too long. So I thought I would come and ask all of you, which you would perfer.? Currently, I sell Body Mist or Spray in 2 oz spray bottles. The recipe is cyclo, oil, and fragrance. I have made in the past roll on perfume using FCO and fragrance and to me it has a better staying power. I know I can offer both, the spray and roll on, but I would rather offer one or the other. So my question is, which would you prefer, roll on or spray?

Okay, I have been toying with this for a little too long. So I thought I would come and ask all of you, which you would perfer.? Currently, I sell Body Mist or Spray in 2 oz spray bottles. The recipe is cyclo, oil, and fragrance. I have made in the past roll on perfume using FCO and fragrance and to me it has a better staying power. I know I can offer both, the spray and roll on, but I would rather offer one or the other. So my question is, which would you prefer, roll on or spray?

You know you can add FCO to your body spray's to help with the stayting power, also when you add FCO it makes any stubborn FO blend that won't blend with Cyclo alone.

You know you can add FCO to your body spray's to help with the stayting power, also when you add FCO it makes any stubborn FO blend that won't blend with Cyclo alone.

I didn't know that...what ratio of FCO to Cyclo would you use????

I prefer spray too, to answer the question and not hijack the thread... :D

I have made in the past roll on perfume using FCO and fragrance and to me it has a better staying power.

I love roll ons & am still trying to come up with the % to use in those 1/3 ounce roller bottles. How do you break down the amount of cyclo/fco/FO?

At a 5:1 or 6:1 ratio? and if so, how do you break down 1/3 of an ounce into parts? I'd appreciate ANY help. I'm experimenting here & can't figure out the math! I have no problem doing the breakdowns for let's say, a 4 oz dry oil spray I can make. It's that small 1/3 amount I can't seem to do. Someone once suggested to just do it by sight & fill the bottle 2/3 the way with cyclo, then split the last third with FCO & Cylco. But, I can't rely on doing it by sight. Any help? thanks so much:D

I love roll ons & am still trying to come up with the % to use in those 1/3 ounce roller bottles. How do you break down the amount of cyclo/fco/FO?

At a 5:1 or 6:1 ratio? and if so, how do you break down 1/3 of an ounce into parts? I'd appreciate ANY help. I'm experimenting here & can't figure out the math! I have no problem doing the breakdowns for let's say, a 4 oz dry oil spray I can make. It's that small 1/3 amount I can't seem to do. Someone once suggested to just do it by site & fill the bottle 2/3 the way with cyclo, then split the last third with FCO & Cylco. But, I can't rely on doing it by site. Any help? thanks so much:D

Its easier to figure a larger size like 2oz's then pour from that bottle into the roll-on bottles, less confusing that way.

I used to do a dry oil spray perfume, but stopped. I didn't like the feeling of spray going into my lungs, so now I'm developing roll ons.

And if you're doing just one bottle, 1/3 oz is about 9 grams. So if you're doing 50%/25%/25% like candle man posted, that would be about 4 grams cyclo, 2 grams fco, 2 grams fo. You can use a dropper and drop it into a bottle tared on a scale.

And if you're doing just one bottle, 1/3 oz is about 9 grams. So if you're doing 50%/25%/25% like candle man posted, that would be about 4 grams cyclo, 2 grams fco, 2 grams fo. You can use a dropper and drop it into a bottle tared on a scale.

YAY RobinInOR!!!:highfive: !! Thank you so much!!!

I'd like to make just a perfume oil... right now I do the silk spray & people rave about it, but I want a smaller little bottle option.

Is it possible to use just FCO & FO? Or is there a better oil to use? And would my percentage be like candleman's without cyclo? So 75/25?

It IS possible to just use FCO and FO as a dry oil spray, at what ratio though I do not know, sorry.

FCO is used by a lot of massage therapists because it is a non-staining oil.

i have never tried just FCO and FO as a spray, however, I have tried FCO and FO in a roller bottle. If I were you I would try a small amout of FCO and FO in a spray bottle and see how it works.

It IS possible to just use FCO and FO as a dry oil spray, at what ratio though I do not know, sorry.

FCO is used by a lot of massage therapists because it is a non-staining oil.

Yes you can, though some people think it's to oily in a spray verses a roll-on. Start with 75%-FCO & 25%-FO, if thats not enough FO then just tweek your recipe.

I do both, but prefer the roll on bottles. I do roll on bottles with monoi and fco 2/3 fco:1/3 monoi. It's awesome as both are moiturizing oils too. Not only does it work as a perfume, but also works great on dry areas. You can do it with any fo also.

As for ratios, I use it only as a guideline. If it isn't strong enough you can always tweek and add more fo.

JMO

I do both, but prefer the roll on bottles. I do roll on bottles with monoi and fco 2/3 fco:1/3 monoi. It's awesome as both are moiturizing oils too. Not only does it work as a perfume, but also works great on dry areas. You can do it with any fo also.

As for ratios, I use it only as a guideline. If it isn't strong enough you can always tweek and add more fo.

JMO

oooh! monoi, that sounds devine

• 2 weeks later...