How to get messy soy wax out of containers...

I'm new to the soy wax, and I am having a terrible time with my colors. I'm starting to think that you can't get a bright color without using a whole bottle of dye. Anyway, I have some cinnamon bun containers I made and just the color makes me want to gag. No way would I buy something like that, even if it does smell great. Sooooo, my question is, do any of you have a good way to melt down about 7 jars. With my paraffin I'd just chip it out with a knife, easy, but this stuff is soooo messy. Tried to turn them upside down in my pour pot and used the heat gun, that was very time consuming and didn't work well. I'm anal about using my oven just for cooking, so that's not an option. How do you soy users get this darn wax out of your jars??? TIA

well if oven is out of the picture....what bout microwave??

heat the container for like a min....use hot pad or whatnot if to hot...

then pour it back in the wax melter or pouring pot....

just a tip..before pouring your candles.... when adding colors to your wax.

use a wax paper, and drip a bit of color wax on the paper and that's what your color result will turn out. if you don't like the color...add more color,

if to dark...add more wax..lmbo hope that won't be a problem cause then you have to do math for f/o etc.

HTH

Dani

Depending on the size of the containers, you might be able to put them in a water bath / double boiler to bring them up to temp. I don't necessarily recommend directly putting a container on a heat plate, but one on low might work. The best solution is definitely to put them on a cookie sheet in the oven on warm (about 150), and then pour it all back out when they're all melted. Soy wax is very non-toxic - I certainly don't worry about putting it in my oven...

well i do it all the time, but i also have one of them fancy microwave that

toast, grill, nuke...the whole 9 yards...so it has a metal rack to put in there to be able to grill, etc....lmbo forgot bout those plain reg. ones.

had it for almost a year and almost 3-4 times a week, i put containers in there to melt the wax to get it out....

got it at walmart for 139.00 it's Sharp Microwave. very nice set up.

Dani

Microwave hundreds of times a day. Just put them in the micro for about 3 minutes, check and add a minute or two. The jars will be hot so be careful. I use a pot holder to grab jar and pour in my pour pot. I am using an old micro right now and the metal is not poping. If it starts to crack and spark just turn it off.

well i do it all the time, but i also have one of them fancy microwave that

toast, grill, nuke...the whole 9 yards...so it has a metal rack to put in there to be able to grill, etc....lmbo forgot bout those plain reg. ones.

had it for almost a year and almost 3-4 times a week, i put containers in there to melt the wax to get it out....

got it at walmart for 139.00 it's Sharp Microwave. very nice set up.

Dani

That does sound sweet. :D

Mine was state of the art in 1993. I may have to check that Sharp out.

Okay, sounds like the oven method would be the easiest, but even though I'm getting a new oven in a few weeks, I just can't get past the idea of the FO lingering in the oven when I'm ready to bake fish or something. So I'm going to go give the double boiler a try, I use to that for my paraffin repours so it's all set up and ready to go. Thanks for all the ideas, and to those who insisted I use my oven even though I said it wasn't an option........santa frow, Santa is watching you, JK.

I had to empty about 60 jars from a bad batch of wax, and while it was time consuming, I put water in my presto pot (about 1/2 full), set it on 200, brought it to a boil and double boiled my jars (I could do 2-3 jars at a time), the wax melted fairly quickly and I took those oven roaster pans you get from the dollar store and pourd the melted wax in there, waited for it to harden, then chucked it. That was the most efficient way I could do it, I don't like to put my candles in the oven. Hey, it's Christmas time, put some of that wax in a pan, get some pine cones and scent them babies and give them as gifts (that's what I did with some of my cinnamon, cranberry & peppermint wax). Don't overdip if it's a weird color thought. I put them in a basket from the dollar store, put in a few inexpensive decorations and people LOVE them! And I'm using the pine cones in the grave mounds that I make for my brother & father's grave (I tend to decorate them as if it's a Christmas tree). :cry2:

The double boiler method works good, but one (maybe two) words of advise. I learned the hard way to wipe the jars off after I take them out of the water, and before I pour the wax into a pour pot (if you're going to try to reuse it). If you get water in the wax it will start to pop when you heat it up. Also, wear gloves or use something to protect your hands. The jars do get very hot.