Candle warmers

Angie W

Has anyone tryed their gels on a warmer? I think I read somewere that they don't get hot enough for gel. I haven't tryed it because I don't have a warmer. Have had a few people ask about it. Suppose I should get one and try it but if any of you have I won't have to waste my money if it doesn't work.

I use a candle warmer from Michaels. I melt the scrap at the bottom of my jar after burning the candle down to the bottom. Yesterday I had a cinnaminny scent fill the whole house (2500 sq ft!!) which is more than it did when I burned it.

The gel on the bottom melts to a thick syrup because that is where the heat source is, but the sides really don't.

I have been to shows where I have seen some gel get thick and gooey on the bottom...as mentioned here.

Levine's warmers are 20 watt and seem to work much better than the ones I have seen in my area at Michaels or Walmart....which are only a 17 watt and a smaller diameter heating surface. Believe it or not, 3 watts makes a big difference!

• 2 months later...

Well I finally bought a warmer (cheap one from K-mart) and answered my own question.

The first jar I put on was a 6oz tureen. Worked very well. It melted and the throw is great in a little over an hour.

The second one I tryed was a 9oz straight sided jar. Did not work. Melted about half way up and that was it.

So obviously my conclusion so far is the short wide jars work and the higher ones don't.

So now a new question or thought. I wonder how well the warmers with the sides on them would work. I haven't seen one in the stores yet. have not look to hard. Does the ceramic hold the heat in? Would it melt from the bottom and the sides so the taller jars would work?