melting wax

I started at 10:30 this day and it still is not all melted. Now I know why the say to leave it on 24/7. But it was almost there, so I added another 5 lbs. to each. So I have 25 lbs in each vat. I am hoping to start making candle on Tuesday. Wish me luck. By the way, the vat that I have took 47 gallons of water. WOW.

The vat took 47 gallons of water? Did you add the wax to the water. You have thoroughly confused me.

No, you need to add water under the 6 vats to cover the heating element and surround the vats. I turned it down last night to 140 and the wax still was not melted. Now I know why the instructions say to leave it on 24/7.

Forgive my assumption, but are you just now learning to make candles? If so, you will need to leave that wax melted a very long time while you test each scent, each container, each wick. It could be not just weeks but months before you start to pour a finished product. A double boiler and a pour pot would serve your needs much better until you get your basic testing finished. Each new scent will have to be started from scratch. That's a lot of wax to keep melted for testing purposes.