I got the account!

barncat

My cost 1.50 including overhead

Their cost from me $2.50 plus .50 shipping =3.00

Work they do to it plus packaging $3.00=$6.00

Price they sell to customer $12 plus add $1 for shipping =$26

I don't quite understand the math strategy here. I don't see how you come up with a $26.00 candle. (Not that it matters) They buy from you at $3.00 and sell for $12.00. That's the bottom line. $1.00 per candle profit really doesn't seem like much, but if you are able to mass produce and are happy with the arrangement, that's all that counts.

Good luck with your endeavors!

It's hard to explain. I worked the numbers back and forth for about 3 days, and I am satisfied with the profit margin. your PM isn't as high with wholesale and esp contract manuf.. Plus this is only one of his lines, there are 4 more, so hopefully those come to me too. Its like wal-mart, they may only make .50 on a $10.00 widget, but they sell thousands of them that makes up to be a lot of money.

Congrats Barncat!

I wanted to step in here because I have been abscent from the boards and wanted to speak up on this issue. When Barncat says her overhead is $1.50 - you guys need to understand that is the whole shebang (payroll, costs, taxes, etc) - her actual profit is $1.00 to put in her pocket. All those other "bills" are paid - so if she is making 400 candles a day, she is putting 400.00 in her pocket directly...no taking out anything. I don't know what you guys think, but I think that is a pretty good day lol

If she is happy with a buck per each candle - rock on! It is all about quantity! I get this because people ask me how I can charge so little for my bathbombs and still make money on them.

The numbers work - believe me - wouldn't be in the business for years if it didn't ;)

Molds arrived today and wax,wicks, scent arrives between friday and monday. DH is building some tables to get all the molds on. Having our open house for the store tomorrow. We'll be moving our inventory to a co-op in town as we'll need most of the space for this customer plus hoping that Word of mouth brings on some new customers too. :D