Bath Bombs Lost Their Smell!

NattyCat

I have a whole bunch of bath bombs who have lost their smell. They were awesome when they were first made, and despite being packaged together in a box that was then shrinkwrapped - when you pick them up individually - they don't smell a fraction like they used to.

Is there any way of re-fragrancing bath bombs? I know I can't just add FO to them as they'll fizzle, but is there any other way?

Nat

are they holding together? or dry and crumbly?

I don't make the bath bombs I get them made for me so I don't know at what stage the FO is put in, but they are holding together perfectly - they look like the perfect bomb except for the smell.

I am getting a whole new batch sent to me for free, but that leaves me with 300 bath bombs with no fragrance which seems a waste - which is why I wanted to see if they can be re-fragranced.

nat

Roll them in some scented sugar or salt crystals- that's what I would do! You will have to find a way to make them stick. Nothing goes to waste if I can help it, lol.

If you can smell them at all, maybe you could sell them as 'lightly scented for sensitive skin' :grin2:

perhaps you could mist them with a little FO? or would it make them warty? or package them with some scented epsom salts like blazerina mentions - you can color those a matching or contrasting color and just put a sprinkle in with the bomb - looks like a "garnish" maybe?

If they are moisturizing DON'T TOSS THEM! My kids are very sensitive to scents (allergies, etc.) but love my bombs so I make them unscented or lgihtly scented - it's the only way I can get a moisturizer onto the little bodies without a fight! So you can just toss 'em my way!