Extra $$ at craft shows...

CC on Maui

Wanted to share an idea that involves a minimum investment in materials, time and money that just might help you increase your show sales.

We do a simple product called MAUI BEACH CANDLE GARDEN (see pics below). It is a small cello bag filled with assorted shells, and a header card on top. We do a display next to it that shows what a completed garden can look like. The back of the header card reads:

"Create your own Maui beach candle garden!

Using a shallow glass dish, cover the bottom with a

layer of sand, arrange one or more candles,

and garnish with the enclosed seashells."

Obviously we use seashells, but you can tailor this idea to fit your regional area, or any holiday or whimsical theme you'd like. Perhaps you use river rocks, mini pinecones, colored beach glass -- well, you get the picture.

We find that it has helped us upsell our pillars. In the end, we sell these little bags for $4.00, and only have about .30 cents worth of materials invested.

candlegardensmpz5.jpg

candlegardenbmy8.jpg

That's a great upsell! Especially coupled with an actual example of how it turns out. LOL you should sell the dishes too ;)

Excellent idea, Robin. I would do it if my customer wasn't a traveler who had weight, space and breakage considerations. If I lived on the mainland, I'd do it in a heartbeat. :)

BTW.how's the redhead? seen her lately?

LOL market was over at the end of Sept, so I don't get to see her 'til next June :)

I've taken dishes like that back with me - being flat they're pretty easy to pack inside of all the clothes. Find a potter and kill 2 birds with one stone - original island pottery to go with their original island pillars :)