My Poor Palm Pillars (sigh)

cleanglow

Didn't make it :sad2:

I've been making candles for 10 years... so to those of you that think you don't need to test EVERY candle, please think again. It's oh SO frustrating, but oh so worth it in the end. I don't even have time for this right now, but because of the holidays approaching, candle making was seemimg like too much work and too little pleasure so I needed to try something different to make it feel "new" again. Does that make sense? It does to me... right now anyway.

Please excuse the rambling. Dh and I enjoy wine of Friday nights :D

back to the wicking board I go....

The 1st is at 3 hours (please forgive the poor quality photo... wine, remember?)

The 2nd is after blowing it out at 4 hours. Oh what a difference an hour can make!

post-4185-139458411655_thumb.jpg

post-4185-13945841166_thumb.jpg

I've never seen or had a pillar do that. Why did it not melt the top before it blew?

That happens a lot with Palm waxes and also the Astor specialty waxes like PQ, F and G. I'm not sure WHY it does it, but that's one of the main reason a lot of people make them the "forever" type pillars because they are a PITA to wick correctly...

Probably why the Astor specialty waxes have now been discontinued as well. :)