What a great idea - Check this out!

A customer of mine got both these as a gift from her sister and was wondering if I could make something like it for her for Christmas gifts. They were sooo neat! And I am up for the challenge ! As anyone else seen them yet?http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx?app=detail&params=item^E15064,frames^y,from^se,cm_scid^srch,cm_ssi^Item:%20E15064

A customer of mine got both these as a gift from her sister and was wondering if I could make something like it for her for Christmas gifts. They were sooo neat! And I am up for the challenge ! As anyone else seen them yet?http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail

In search use Item Number E15064. Can't get a picture to load. DARN IT!

That is a cute idea. I was surprised, though, to see that the projected burn time is only 17 hours; a regular votive is 15-18 hours and these look a lot bigger. Guess it's due to the shallowness and triple wicking. I love multiple wicks in tins, though; seems to make the scent throw so much better.:wink2:

Is this the item that you were talking about? I also found some tins that are close in size I think at SKS-BOTTLE.COM . They have a CD tin so I took the measurements from that and looked further on their site - the closest I could come to was 101mm and the CD tin was 132mm. But that tin would work for the candle... :D Cool idea...

Life & Light!

Tish

post-1703-139458411648_thumb.jpg

Is this the item that you were talking about? I also found some tins that are close in size I think at SKS-BOTTLE.COM . They have a CD tin so I took the measurements from that and looked further on their site - the closest I could come to was 101mm and the CD tin was 132mm. But that tin would work for the candle... :D Cool idea...

Life & Light!

Tish

YES - That is the pic. Thanks Tish! Bruce - the CD was shrink wrapped for protection. My friend put it in her CD player and it worked OK. Still haven't found round tins the size of a CD but got to thinking maybe there would be square tins out there that you could put the entire CD case into (???) I love the concept!

The qvc link works fine, just copy and paste, just make sure you don't get a carriage return/line feed in the middle of it. Best way to do it is paste it into notepad and remove the line feed then copy again and paste intoyour browser. Any AOL users will have to do that anyway as their browsers are non-standard.

HTH