Anyone out there a Non bakery person?.

Twinz

Hi everyone my first post I love reading all your suggestions. I'm starting to think something is wrong with me not liking bakery scents . So where is the best place to get FO that are different?. Like woodsy , earthy, some nice different floral besides Magnolia and Gardenia?...

For the most part I hate foody scents. Don't even like single-noted fruits for the most part, despise bakery scents. I've found that Scent Works has just a ton of more complex FOs that I just love! I don't do candles though, just B&B. Oh, and I like Peak Candle Supplies too!

ETA: actually I soaped with Peaks Coconut Banana Blast and love that scent (though I'm told it smells like Crack Cocaine), and I can do some spicy ones but NO VANILLA. Cannot say it loud enough - NO VANILLA, NO SUGAR COOKIES, NO SICKLY SWEET STUFF STRAIGHT FROM THE KITCHEN!

Hi everyone my first post I love reading all your suggestions. I'm starting to think something is wrong with me not liking bakery scents . So where is the best place to get FO that are different?. Like woodsy , earthy, some nice different floral besides Magnolia and Gardenia?...

You might check out the earthy FOs at Bramble Berry. Love their Indian Sandalwood, Earth Musk, Amber, Oakmoss, etc. If you like Jasmine, BB has a nice one.

I don't care for bakery scents either.

Im not much of a baked goods scent person, I do like fruity and some vanilla blend fos though. I made chocolate fo soap and could not bring myslef to use it LOL

Might be different for candles (which I dont make) but the thought of washing or moisturizing with apple pie or maple syrup yeesh may as well be beef stew to me LOL!

oregontrailsoaps has great Hawaiian florals and other really nice scents. brambleberry has a lot of non-foody ones too. both are west coast if that makes any difference.

hth

I absolutely love bakery scents although I have lots of great earthy scents that are awesome!

CC's Bunchberry & Moss, Fallen Leaf, Dewdrop, Neroli de la Luna, Sultry Angel, Peony White Tea(not earthy but great floral type)

Scented Bean's Garden Refresh Mint, Peace & Seaspray and Jasmine

Daystar - Starry Eyes, Apache Tears and Purple Haze

Peak's - Black Canyon, Ocean and Mountain Lake

Oh I could go on and on but I would try Candle Cocoon for some of the best earthy scents! I love love love Bunchberry & Moss!!!!

Missy

I am definitely not a bakery person. I have to hold my nose when I make Blueberry Cobbler. Just got NG's though and it smells more tolerable OOB.

I love florals, fruits, woodsy, etc. Hate vanilla, HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT. It is hard to be a salesperson at a show when someone comes up and asks me for just plain vanilla. I have to tell myself, don't roll your eyes :rolleyes2, this person just has not smelled all the great other scents out there.

PS I do carry vanilla BTW but it is at gunpoint that I do so.

I'm not a bakery person, nor do I care for vanilla...however, I do like some fruit scents, as long as it is not sweet and syrupy...I like a more sharp or tart fruit. Here's a list of non-bakery scents that I like, along with some fruit mixed in but nothing that is sweet and icky:

KY Candle Supply

Cool Citrus Basil (BBW)

Frosted Snowdrops (BBW)

MacIntosh Apple (YC)

Mediterranean Fig (Not a sweet fruity scent at all, it's different from all the others I've tried)

Moonlight Magic (VS)

Pear Berry (BBW)

Raspberry Tomato Leaf

Summer Breeze

White Clouds

Raspberry Blossom

Natures Garden

4-Leaf Clover

Butterfly Garden (Glade Dupe)

Coco Cabana

Cotton Blossom (BBW)

Country Clothes Line (YC)

Cranberry Balsam

Crisp Clean Air

Downy Clean Breeze

Green Clover and Aloe (BBW)

Jade (Pier 1)

Moonlight Path (BBW)

Nantucket Briar (E&C)

Oceans (Pier 1)

Orchid Rain

Pink (VS)

Rice Flower and Shea (BBW)

Spa

Storm Watch (YC)

Strawberries & Champagne (Nothing fruity about this one at all)

Tranquil Sleep

Twigs-n-Berries

Very Sexy for Men (VS)

Very Sexy for Women (VS)

Wedding Day (YC)

Peak

Clean Cotton (YC)

Country Garden

Hyacinth (To die for!)

Juniper Breeze (YC)

Midsummer's Night (YC)

Mountain Lake (YC)

Spruce Christmas Tree

Tall Grass

Tradewinds

Mandarin Bamboo

Herbal Ecstasy

These are my two most favorite scents in the world!

Save on Scents

Sunwashed Linen (YC)

Coconut Lime Verbena (BBW)

Fresh Comfort (YC)

Ocean Water (YC)

Issey Miyake

That ought to get you started on non-bakery scents. LOL

You can count me in on this group. I have never liked the bakery scents OR fruity-tootie-pa-poopie for that matter. I think some of the bakery FOs are such a rip...and a play on names to get the bakery addicts to buy. There is little to NO difference in the Orange Chiffon Dream Crunch Muffin Madness and the Tropical Fusion Nutty Cream Whip Cake Dump....they both stink and smell like fake food. LMAO:laugh2:

Sliver: Nature's Garden has "one" scent, that I know of, that smells the same and that's the Twigs-n-Berries and the Tayberry and Teakwood. This could be an accident, or it could be that they are slightly different...but to me, they smelled the same. They do, however, have a lot of very good scents. How complex they are, I don't really know, but they certainly aren't all ordinary. I've gotten quite a few sophisticated, more upscale scents from them, then I have from other suppliers. Now there are plenty of other suppliers that offer an even a better variety of upscale/complex scents than NG, but when you're talking about a reasonable price and variety, I'd say NG is pretty damn good.

And Michael...you are too funny! LOL I'm with you all the way on EVERYTHING you said about bakery scents! But then again, bakery lovers could say the same thing about the kind of scents that we like...so we're all even. :)