Sinus Candle

tcc

I'm testing a wickless one right now that I made in an 8 ounce tin. I used 1 tablespoon per pound of each eucalyptus, peppermint and vicks in the GL 70/30. It's only a little bit melted and it's smelling up the whole house lol I think I'm going to eliminate the peppermnit though and see how that smells.

OMG LOL I remember this one.

Every year people ask about putting vicks Vapor rub in their cold candles and if it is flammable..

So I stuck that thread in my favorites last year... :wink2:

Alan's experiment was great!!!

(I knew some of you would remember that thread too!!!:yay: )

I made a candle yesterday using eucalyptus, wintergreen and vicks. Sure does smell good but next time maybe up the vicks...only used 1 teaspoon and noticed where some were using 1Tablespoon. I'd love to try it with tiger balm...that stuff is good and well worth the extra price you pay for it. Sometimes I use it just because I love the smell of it. Good stuff. Ginger

Vicks has other additives to it other than Eucalyptus and Camphor such as alcohol and silicone. You all are better off sticking with EO's if that is the case. The actual sinus candle is Eucalyptus, and 1/2 Peppermint and 1/2 parts Spearmint. The two mints balance eachother out in a sense. I make them when my kids get colds. The only thing to consider if you are using it for sinuses only the real deal is going to work. FO's cost as much or more because you need to use less the amount of EO compared to FO. This particular synergy blend works great on an electric warmer or a melting pot rather than a flame. Customers might take that in consideration if they are health conscious. These EO's also are not that expensive and you need to use less than vicks because theirs is watered down. Another good blend is Lavender combined with spearmint, it makes a great scent to freshen up a room especially after someones been sick. This particular scent you can burn with a flame.