How many of you get so

Lisa

Just wait until you try B&B. :P

It can be frustrating, but with any business there comes regulations, etc. It is what sets business apart from hobby. It might seem overwhelming at first. Don't rush things, take it slow - there's a lot to learn and there's time. This isn't a get rich quick, first one there makes the most kind of thing. It is about learning, improving and perfecting (or at least trying to perfect). :)

I think that legislation is a lot tougher in the US than in Oz. Here, I simply need to register a business name and that's about it, oh and keep proper records (but that's only if it is a business and not a hobby). Even as a hobby I'm allowed to make sales, I just can't claim expenses on my tax return. There also doesn't seem to be any legislation in place about warning labels, size or weight of item, etc. In fact, I've bought tons of candles from sellers as diverse as stall-holders to large department stores and very rarely is there any type of information or labelling attached apart from the name of the scent and the price. It's more a case of buyer beware and use your common sense. I didn't even know that votives were meant to be burnt in a holder and it was only luck that the dish I put them in was large enough to catch all the melted wax - phew!! Thanks to you guys though, I am making sure that I give out a candle warning sheet with every candle I sell - better safe than sorry. Having said all this, I don't expect that I've made you feel any better. Sorry. :(

I get frustrated sometimes but you have to learn in bits and pieces, I was lucky to find an accountant my first year that did my books and also helped me learn the ropes , I am attempting to do my own books this year, and I hate it but I have learned so much it is well worth it. Go slow as Robin said you may not want to do it as a business, I think that thought crosses my mind 3 or 4 times a week. Then I remember what managing a company with 30 employees was like, I am at a point where I think I want to get a part time job as I get to feeling very isolated at times.