MY MOLDS SMELL LIKE SMOKE!! HeLp!!!

Does anyone know how to get the smell of cigarette smoke out of silicone molds!

I purchased some used molds on eBay and they smell so badly of cigarette smoke that I can hardly stand to touch them. My candles come out smelling like smoke!

I have tried washing them in the dishwasher, bleach water, vineager with no results! :mad:

Can anyone help!

Does anyone know how to get the smell of cigarette smoke out of silicone molds!

I purchased some used molds on eBay and they smell so badly of cigarette smoke that I can hardly stand to touch them. My candles come out smelling like smoke!

I have tried washing them in the dishwasher, bleach water, vineager with no results! :mad:

Can anyone help!

Did you try contacting the seller?

hate to tell ya, but that happened to me once too and I ended up just throwing them away because nothing I tried made the smell go away. Admittedly I'm overly sensitive to this smell, so others might not mind it as much as I do, but I just couldn't tolerate it at all, so I tossed them!

I personally would contact paypal if you paid that way, file a dispute with them and ebay. You have nothing to loose. She may not have said that it was a smoke house. But she didn't say it was either. IMO I think that is considered to have with held information she should have shared. What if you were highly allergic and had a really bad reaction.... I would give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

Try sitting them outside. Yes I am a smoker (shame on me...LOL) The best thing I kow to rid the stinch of smoke is... Fresh air & sunshine. Just like sheets off the clothesline. Hope this helps for silicone.

Thank you so much! I will try it! Corey

I personally would contact paypal if you paid that way, file a dispute with them and ebay. You have nothing to loose. She may not have said that it was a smoke house. But she didn't say it was either. IMO I think that is considered to have with held information she should have shared. What if you were highly allergic and had a really bad reaction.... I would give it a try, you have nothing to loose.

Hi Judi! Thank you so much for the information. I never thought of going through paypal. That is the way that I paid for them. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. Blessings! Corey

Maybe try coffee grounds? Like try making a mixture of coffee grounds, baking soda, and cat litter and seal them up in a bag with your mix for a week or so. I dunno, I guess it's just the mad scientist in me coming out! :D

Thanks! I'm gonna put on my lab coat right now and whip up a batch! LOL.. Thank you so much! Corey

Oh, I simply can't stand it when you purchase something & it comes it reaking like smoke. No offense smokers...but I've gotten some seriously gross smelling things. YUCK. I purchased dried florals off ebay once and the heck if there was anything floral left about the!

Or a NWT shirt that came in reaking...but the seller says no one smokes in the house. Well...I don't believe my USPS person sat there and smoked in the box...LOL

Hope you get your mold clean & fresh!

IMO this would only be valid for a dispute if the seller stated they were kept in a smoke free environment and then the buyer received them smelling of smoke. If someone is highly allergic to something they should always check with the seller before purchasing items from an auction site (or anywhere, for that matter).

Guest amynleebishop
Yes, she said that her auctions said nothing about being s smoke free home. I am stuck with them. Sigh!

I hope that you left feedback for her so that others do not make the same mistake as you did. My husband smokes outside and he leaves his shirt outside for an hour or so after he does so that he does not bring the smell into our home, it may work to leave them outside for a couple days. Ya never know.