My first craft show was today 11/4/06 *New Pics*

Carriegsxr6

I finally feel confident enough to participate in a craft show. It’s only a small one here in my local town, but it’s a start. I am only bringing about 36 candles and 36 soaps. I am making about 12 different candle fragrances and 6 different soap fragrances. I already have all of the soaps made and tonight I was able to knock out about 18 of the candles. The craft show is November 4th so they should be all cured by then.

Here is my first photo, more to come. (I still have to trim the wicks)

They are all made with C-3 soywax. The yellow ones with frosting dollops are scented Lemon Pound Cake, the hunter green ones are scented Home for the Holidays, the olive green are scented Spiced Pearberry, the medium brown with nuts on top are scented Roasted Chestnuts and the white with brown swirls in them are scented Cinnamon Buns. I made all the embeds myself out of soy as well.

IMG_1451.jpg

**Edit** the second pic is the other half of the order. Medium green with white apple slices on top is Baked Apple Pie, Red with cranberries on top is Spiced Cranberry, Burgundy is Holiday Wassail, White with peppermint candies in the lid is Jack Frost, white with fruit and nut embeds in the lid is Cornucopia, Orange with cranberry and orange slices on top is Spiced Cranberry Orange, dark brown is Gingerbread and last but not least, the rust orange with frosting dollops on top is Pumpkin Pie.

seasoncandles.jpg

Edit** Here are more soy candles I am going to offer, I thought I should offer another type of jar as well. I am more please with the color mixing I did with these batches.

From top to bottom and left to right: Cranberry Crumble, Cucumber Cantaloupe Mint, Pumpkin Pie, China Rain, Jack Frost, Christmas Morning, Caramel Walnut, Lemon Bars, Pumpkin Cheese Cake.

IMG_1590.jpg

**EDIT** 11/4/06

So overall I think I did very well for my first show. This was held at our local Senior Center and I wasnt sure how the shoppers would react.

I sold all of my soaps and all of my Apothecary Jars and only a couple square mason jars. I wish I had brought double the amount of soaps cause people couldnt get enough of them.... woohoo

IMG_1694.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

Carrie, remember to have fun! I have a 2 day show in my town that weekend. Best of luck to you!

2 days Yikes!! Best of luck to you as well.

Thank you everyone, I will be posting more pics of my other finished products and my set up of course.

The show is going to be at the local senior center. So I am pretty much selling them at wholesale since seniors are mostly on a fixed income. I am trying to keep my costs as low as possible so that I can at least break even. Luckly the space rental only cost $10 and I get one long table and chair. Pretty cool. :wink2:

Carrie, I just wanted to say good luck with your very first show, you've worked HARD and LONG to perfect your products and that should be rewarded with lots of repeat business (crossing fingers for ya)!!

Love those cinnamon roll candles too cool!!

I like the others with their little dollops as well, just different enough to attract attention.

Just make sure you don't undersell yourself sweetie, you may get repeat customers out of this, and you wouldn't want to have to up your price dramatically later on, ya know?

I'm still too dang chicken after almost 3 years to actually sell my products!! :rolleyes2

Kudos to you for going for it!! :highfive:

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to add some 8oz Mason jars to my line as well. I only used 6oz of c-3 fearing that if I filled past the lip, they would sink terribly. Also used .5oz FO and 3 drops liquid dye. Now looking at them I hate the large gap. I may use 7oz of wax next time.

Good news is that these babies burn great with one HTP 105.

• 2 weeks later...