wick dippers

chiptooth

WICK DIPPER

Sounds funny, but practical!

Don't blow out your candles. Use the Wick Dipper to push the wick into the molten wax. The flame goes out with no smoke. Then use the hook to center the wick again. The wick gets a fresh coat of wax and is easier to light next time.

Don't forget to trim the wick to 1/4" before lighting again.

HTH

On a personal note refuse to buy from them as one of the owners is also a founder of Gold Canyon Candles and I refuse to support anything that is associated with Gold Canyon Candles.

I like the classic plain one's from Clean Cut http://www.cleancut.com/Products/WickDipper.aspx

Edited to add: I did find the actual overseas mfg of both the clipper and dipper that clean cut carries. I hope to get them sometime next year. Waiting on the approval of a business load and you have to by 25000 of each.

Do you get the ones that are all different shapes, or the standard ones?

Liz D.

I get whichever ones I'm in the mood for. Is there a logical reason for the question? I guess I'm missing something in your question, since I don't know how it matters which ones I get.

Blue Diamond, I'm curious. Why the hard-on for Gold Canyon. Curious minds want to know.

<<<<I get whichever ones I'm in the mood for. Is there a logical reason for the question? I guess I'm missing something in your question, since I don't know how it matters which ones I get. <<<<

Well, yes there is a logical reason. In the photos, the plain ones look a bit nicer in quality. Perhaps it's just the photo. Also one is more expensive than the other.

Liz D.

<<<<I get whichever ones I'm in the mood for. Is there a logical reason for the question? I guess I'm missing something in your question, since I don't know how it matters which ones I get. <<<<

Well, yes there is a logical reason. In the photos, the plain ones look a bit nicer in quality. Perhaps it's just the photo. Also one is more expensive than the other.

Liz D.

I would suggest you get the ones you want. What someone else gets really has nothing to do with what you get. Get what you like and what you think you can make a profit on. My market won't be the same as yours so there's nothing for you to compare.

One of the most unusual mistakes a retailer can make is to base inventory on what someone else in an unknown location carries. My market will not be your market. I would guesstimate that 90% of your success or failure will be based on knowing your market.

I'm not asking what anyone likes or dislikes. I know what I like. Sorry I didn't make that more clear. Thought it was sorta obvious.

If anyone else can comment on the quality of these different styles that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Liz D.