New Grubby Candles..

Just playing around with a new line I am working on. These are 16 oz mason jars, one is Christmas at Gramma's, the other two are mixed scents I made.. Holly Nog, and Spiced Fruit Cake. The holly nog is awsome!

I have a new line that I will introduce in a week or so...but wanted to show these off first.. LOL

grubby2.jpg

Thanks!

Laura...it is cheesecloth to make ya think old.. LOL

Gingerinarkansas...the jars are actually grubbied with a special mix I use. The candles inside are soy, and done the same as all candles.

I also can make grubby candles in which the wax is stirred as it cools and then spooned into the jars to make it look grubby and bumpy.

Hi I would love to make some candles like those. i am a newbie and would like to know alittle more about how to make and most of all finish one. i am using 8 oz jelly jars. i understand that you spoon the wax in once it starts to get a film. when you are finished how do you do the top. just leave it grubby?? can you use any typ of wax? I would love to see more pictures of them. Neat! Thanks Lisa

While I appreciate the work/thought put into it, I don't understand it. Please explain.

I can't answer for her but I think it's a new look other than the same old style that's out there and still "Country" looking in a jar. Since it's a new look maybe it will sell better.

I see. I'm not into that look, so that's probably why I don't get it. I'm really not being a smart ass, but why would someone want something that looks old & dirty (the hangtag for instance) and the cheesecloth. And it looks moldy to me (the grubby, I guess). Good luck with it, hope it works out for you. I recall the country look being huge in the late 80s & 90s, is it coming back?

So there is candle wax on the outside of the jar?

When you burn them on the inside won't the candle wax on the outside melt off and drip onto the surface you are setting the candles on?

No candle wax on the outside of the jar. It is a mixture that dries very hard, and won't come off with the heat of the melting candle in the jar. You could even use the jar on a warming plate and it won't come off.

To answer the "WHY" question.. LOL.. Not everyone is into Prim, but most of my customers are. I belong to a wonderful online group of gals who are all into Prim crafting. I do have a line of candles that are in jars, with no grubby on them, but have had requests for some more Prim stuff...so this is why I did these.

Candleman.. I am gonna try the thicker cheesecloth, and also maybe a different tag?? Not sure. Like I said in my earlier post, these aren't the actual jars in my line, just extra jars I had that I applied the grubby mix to and such so I could test them out :D

I love your grubby jar candle, the only thing that I do not like is the gauze. If you would change that to a torn piece of flannel or homespun it would be awesome, I even like your tag. This is GREAT "prim candle" JMHO!!! I would love your recipe!!! E-mail or PM me please!!

Sue Ann