Soy Wax help please

Hi! I'm fairly new to candlemaking so forgive me if I sound like an idiot :D

I started off with EZ Soy, and I like it (although I don't know anything different). I have bought FO from BCN also and again I like them and they seem to work well in what I've tested so far. BUT...and a BIG "but"...I recently discovered JS FO's. I absolutely LOVE their scent choices. Although I have not gotten any yet, they sound very unique which is what I'm looking for in my candle line. I'm just DYING to try some!

My question is, has anyone had any success with JS FO's in EZ Soy? Or would I just be better off switching my wax to JS 100% Soy? I am still in the very beginning of testing and I don't have much money invested at all in it so it wouldn't be a huge deal to switch waxes altogether and start over testing. I just think that I really want to use JS FO's and I want them to work in soy.

Anyone have any opions or reviews for me? Thanks a lot!!!

I use CB135 and JS FO's were hit and miss for me. I know alot of people here have had good luck with them but mine were more miss than hit. Here are some of the FO suppliers that I use that work great in soy:

Candlescience...they also have GB wax...415 is the same as ezsoy

Snowtop

Millcreek

The Candle Source

Don't shy away from JS. Becky's sales are so wonderful, that you will most definitely find SOMETHING that will work for you in soy. I have tested and used a gafrillion of JS's oils in soy, and have had exceptional luck with the following (perhaps get a sample pack or two and see for yourself):

*Blueberry Cheesecake (STRONG)

*Cinnamon Roll w/Vanilla Frosting (don't get the Cinnamon Bun...Cinnamon Roll is very realistic, and an exceptional thrower, cold and hot.)

*Country Kitchen (yummy spicey kitchen smell...great throw)

*Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

*Chestnuts and Brown Sugar

*Brown Sugar Pecan

*Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter (OMG, this is a great oil!!!!)

*Snickers Coffee Blend

*Caramel Cinnamon Latte (best coffee...I'd rate it as highly as Peak's Fresh Brewed Coffee, with a few extra notes thrown in)

*Cranberry Sauce or Cranberry Spice...both are different cranberry's...but are both good throwers in soy.

*My Secret Recipe (a spiked eggnog fragrance)

*Boysenberry Spiced Clove...a wierd one, but one of my favorites in soy...I think it's wonderful.

*Christmas Wreath...a pine tree smell, but if you're into that, it's a GREAT thrower.

*Strawberry Jam

*Citrus Linen H20

Those are the ones that kick-butt in my soy wax. Remember to add your FO at a high temp (such as 175-180), stir off and on, and allow your EZ-Soy to cool to the slushy stage in order to get that smooth top.

I would also encourage you to try oils from these companies, as they test their oils in soy also, and have some great stuff:

Snowtop Candle Supplies

Millcreek Soy Candle Supplies

Nature's Garden

The Candle Source (cheap, but wonderful!!!!)

I also second Candle Cocoon. I just started testing these oils, and indead you can use much less as none of their oils are cut at all. Their oils are also tested in soy wax. So far I have had excellent results with their Vanilla Voodoo, Creme Brulee Cafe, Dew Drop, Sultry Angel & Peony Whte Tea. There are many more I plan on testing from them, and all the ones I mention above have an extremly STRONG throw hot and cold. HTH!

I use NG FO's and some of them are hit and miss too. The suppliers I have had all hits with the most are Millcreek, Peaks. BCN is great too their list of FO's on their site tells you what scents work well in soy an what doesn't. I usually won't touch a supplier if they don't test in soy first. I have found that out the hard way. With JS I know if you ask the person on the phone if they tried it in soy they usually tell you. .

You don't have to use just one supplier. Most of BCN's oils do well in soy. If you go to their forum you will soon find out which ones are REALLY strong. I use probably 80% of BCN's oils, simply because I get my EZSoy from them and I try to use their oils as much as possible to save on shipping and for simplicity. I've found the following BCN FOs work well in EZsoy::thumbsup:

Lemon Pucker (SUPER STRONG!)

Creme Brulee (AWESOME!! SUPER STRONG!!)

Spiced Cranberry (WOAH!!! Super strong and GREAT seller!!)

Vanilla Velvet (Moderately strong, but the best vanilla out there IMO)

Wildberry Zinger Tea (SUPER STRONG!)

Cupid (Bubbles N Lights Line, my BEST SELLER, VERY STRONG)

Twigs & Berries (run you out of the house strong!)

Blueberry Muffins (super strong, not my fav oil though, didn't sell well)

Country Berry Hotcakes (very strong, again not my fav)

Sandalwood (VERY STRONG! Nice in cp soap as well)

Mulled Cider (moderately strong)

Mac Apple (WOAH... VERY STRONG)

Pumpkin Pie CO (VERY STRONG!!!)

Verbena Berry (AWESOME.. VERY STRONG)

Grandma's Kitchen (best seller, VERY STRONG!)

Lavender (good, herbal lavender, VERY strong!)

Granny's Pie Crust (Bubbles N Lights, awesome scent, bugger to wick)

Vanilla Grapefruit (Wick Your Wax, VERY STRONG but doesn't sell well for me)

OK getting tired.. there's more but I am beat!

HTH!

Liz D.