Thompson Merchant Services

slyfoxy46628

Dum Dum here!! Can you explain a little how it works?! All you need is a cell phone at shows so when a customer gives you a credit card you call in their acct # & the payment is then made to you?? Not too sure how this works but it would be great to have at shows & their fees are good.

Can you explain a little how it works?! All you need is a cell phone at shows so when a customer gives you a credit card you call in their acct # & the payment is then made to you??

You can use your cell to call each one in.. I generally use my knuckle buster and swipe the card, and call them all in at home that night. They $$ will be deposited into the account that you choose when you sign up.

If someone looked a little shady, I would call in the card on my cell phone right there. (I have not had to do that yet, but I will if they act weird.:rolleyes2 )

I find it very simple and the fees are very reasonable. Great way to start taking CC payments.

All you have to do is buy a knuckle buster, some slips and a plate.

They will give you a website for that and the prices are great..

I got all my supplies, imprinter ect.. for under $50.00. HTH

Give them a call if you need more info.. They are very helpful.:cool2:

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, haha thanks! So, it's really just $7.99 a month + the 3.85% fee? That sounds awesome! Can you use it through your website though - I use mal's cart - could I work the touchpay into it? (for example, get their cc info & then just call the info in)

Oh, haha thanksCan you use it through your website though - I use mal's cart - could I work the touchpay into it? (for example, get their cc info & then just call the info in)

Yes.. That is exactly what I do..

Mals will collect the CC info on a secure site.

Just log on mal's, download the payment info.

Then call in the payment & get your aurhroaztion # .

^ It's a little high, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't have a high set up fee, and for the one's I could find that don't, Propays rate is 3.5% + $.35 each transaction, & paypals is $20 a month.

What do you use for a merchant account? :D

I use my own bank and their merchant division bank is First Data. I get a 2.19% rate and a .21 cent per item fee. Didn't have to change my business checking account cause its the same bank. I can take credit cards on my website and at craft shows or anywhere. I looked around before I chose my merchant and am glad I did one last check and used my own bank. Saved me some money! Plus they had a special on their setting up fee so I saved another $100.

• 1 year later...