What Method Do You Use To Heat Fo?

Are you heating all your FO's or just the harder to incorporate scents?

It is not necessary to heat most FO.

I'll tell you how I do mine, however I would not recommend you doing this unless you are familiar with the flashpoints. I use a small saucepan from the dollar store and heat it with the heat gun. Then I add the measured FO and use the heatgun really FAST on the BOTTOM of the pan until its pretty warm. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT take the heat gun and put it directly on the FO. Only the bottom of the saucepan.

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT take the heat gun and put it directly on the FO. Only the bottom of the saucepan.
What's the fun of that? You don't get to see it go pooft. I think a better method would be to get that saucepan looking like a flambe then pour it into your wax. Now that's chandlery with style baby. Kick it up a notch!

What's the fun of that? You don't get to see it go pooft. I think a better method would be to get that saucepan looking like a flambe then pour it into your wax. Now that's chandlery with style baby. Kick it up a notch!

LMAO!! :D Top, you are crazy.... I love it!

But I am not Emeril and really do want to DISCOURAGE people from using this method unless they really pay attention. I would equate it with making Cherries Jubilee or something along those lines. If you don't watch what your doing you will have a HUGE dilemma on your hands. The style you have will be no eyebrows and possibly no hair... eeee gads! :eek:

You guys are crazy!!! LOL!!

I am only heating the ones that are heavy....Good God...do not need one more step for making the rest of the candles. I will go the safe route (I am a klutz...and not really wanting to lose my eyebrows or eyes for that matter). I will stick in a hot container of water and let sit for a few. If I tried the other methods I probably should invest in a helmet that welders wear.....HEE HEE!!

Thanks everyone!!

-Denise

For small amounts, I put my FO in a glass votive holder and then put the holder in a bowl of hot tap water (and stir a couple of times with a bamboo stick). Again, be careful to wipe the votive holder off with a paper towel so water doesn't drip into the wax when you are pouring the FO into it.:grin2: