Soil Moist Smelly Jellies

Ok I tried this out. found them in the garden shop it's called Soil Moist, it's like water crystals.

The yellow and red are scented dreamsicle, the green key lime and the orange love spell

I still need to get my formula down. Used 1 TBS soil moist, 1/2 jar distilled water, candle dye 1/2 a drop, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 oz fo gonna test for throw

the love spell I uped it to 3/4 oz fo

does smell good hope it works lol :eek:

post-42-13945837535_thumb.jpg

Not what I was expecting to see, but am interested in what results you get :)

isn't that what they're supposed to look like? I've never made them but they look good to me. But, don't people have a problem with them getting "moldy''? Anyone else have some tips here?

Those do look nice for your first. They do need to be topped off with more water just up to the bottom rim just before the threads for the lid.

On your next ones up the crystals to 2 TBS they should look fuller.

Here is my instructions again

I do mine a little different than some of the instructions out there.

I mix mine directley into an 8oz jelly jar. First I add about half a jar of distilled water then I add 1/2tsp of table salt (this seems to help with mold) then stir with a drinking straw then I add food color then 2 TBS of crystals then 1oz of fragrance then stir with straw. I keep stirring every so often until crystals have fully absorbed liquid. If I need I will top off with more distilled water just to the first rim on jar and stir. I use canning jar metal seals then the cut out metal lids. The canning jar seals work so much better than the wax coated paper discs or the plastic discs.

Hope this helps. Candle Man

I still need to get my formula down. Used 1 TBS soil moist, 1/2 jar distilled water, candle dye 1/2 a drop, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 oz fo gonna test for :eek:

How were you able to get the candle dye to dispurse? I can only use water based colorants, not oil based in mine, or they get super nasty and don't blend. What brand candle colorants did you use? :eek:

How were you able to get the candle dye to dispurse? I can only use water based colorants, not oil based in mine, or they get super nasty and don't blend. What brand candle colorants did you use? :eek:

yep the candle dye was a bi%&h i had to stir a lot and shake a lot, once the fo was put it, it got easier to mix although as you can see the bottom is darker.

dye was from Peak's of course :P

This morning it looks like it's mixing better no globs of color settling on top.

Smells great I like strong fo so I'll put a lil more in next time.

I was gonna p/u some food coloring it's suppose to mix better

I use these instructions

http://www.candlesupply.com/how2smellyjelly.html

And have had some sitting here for a year, no mold and still smell strong (course I don't have them uncapped all the time). I get my water crystals from the floral dept. at Michaels craft stores. the nice thing about these is that if they start to dry out just add a little water and they poof back out so you can just keep them going as needed.:) Also I just use food coloring and the neon colors are cool. Have also tried the gel stuff from JoAnn Fabrics. Cool stuff but pricy.