How do you make a Sniffie?

Ok...I know this is probably a stupid question but here goes....How do you make a sniffie? I know what a sniffie is for but I never tried them nor have I ever orderd them. Does anyone include them in their online orders to generate more sales?

So being new to candle making I have no idea how to make a sniffie. :confused:

It depends what kind of sniffy you wish to make. From fragrance oil suppliers, they'll often include a sniffy of fragrance oil - usually a half ounce of oil that's being promoted. Are you thinking of giving away tiny candles so that a customer might, hopefully, find a new favorite candle? If so, the 1.5 oz. hex jars are great for that.

It depends what kind of sniffy you wish to make. From fragrance oil suppliers, they'll often include a sniffy of fragrance oil - usually a half ounce of oil that's being promoted. Are you thinking of giving away tiny candles so that a customer might, hopefully, find a new favorite candle? If so, the 1.5 oz. hex jars are great for that.

Yes...I was thinking when I get ready to sell I would want to include samples of fragrances with orders to encourage additional purchases. But I want to do it the most cost effective way as possible since they will be freebees. Is there any way to get the FO on a strip of paper like they do at the department stores? Or would the smell just fade away in a short amount of time?

In my opinion, FO put on paper may likely smell very different than when that FO is put into wax. We all know that Fos oob sometimes turn out smelling different once they hit the wax. Personally, I would include a tart (doesn't have to be a full ounce - you could make much smaller tarts) for a sample instead of a piece of paper (which customers may throw away anyway).

I think these would be a great way to do it: http://www.sweetpeanme.com/scentsnippets.html I haven't ordered anything from them yet, but I plan on getting some of these soon. Would also be a nice way to stick a new scent or two in with a newsletter. They come with a little bag to put them in, even. I don't know the price of those car air fresheners, but I'd imagine cutting those into smaller pieces would work too.

OOOOO...both great ideas...the tarts would give the best FO aroma...( I have not tried tarts yet...still trying to get the container thing down...:rolleyes2 ) and I also like the idea of the snippets...the come to about .6 each then the few drops of FO and they would be easy to slip right in with an order. Thanks for your ideas they really help....:D

I always give free samples of tarts (actually a whole tart) or something in my orders, but I got the snippets from Sweet Pea N Me for when someone requests a sample or more of certain scents. That way it wouldn't cost alot to send a few scent samples to them.

I love Kimberly, and she is fast and great work! Give her a try.

I haven't tested this out at all, just happened to notice them while walking through the local Michael's. I thought they would be perfect to make little candle samples, although it would take some time to figure out the wick. You would have to take a closer look to see if they would be able to handle a candle. Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayArticle?articleNum=as0131

If your local newspaper has the 40% off coupon, it puts the price down there in the able-to-experiment prices at least. I just think they are cute tins and with the clear lid, you can see the candle nicely.

nantes;)

I haven't tested this out at all, just happened to notice them while walking through the local Michael's. I thought they would be perfect to make little candle samples, although it would take some time to figure out the wick. You would have to take a closer look to see if they would be able to handle a candle. Hopefully this link will work...

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayArticle?articleNum=as0131

If your local newspaper has the 40% off coupon, it puts the price down there in the able-to-experiment prices at least. I just think they are cute tins and with the clear lid, you can see the candle nicely.

nantes;)

I actually bought this a while back. It had 25 tins and I used the coupon. Whenever I make a candle with a new scent, I will pour whatever might be left over into the tin and use it to show people at work to sniff. They come with round labels that I put on the bottom of the tin to identify the scent. They also come in a plastic bucket that you can carry the samples around in if you wanted to.

Bob and DonnaMarie

Well OK ... just what are you looking for here?

I used to use a jewelers case and put sniffie samples in there, but I had to use my feather duster too much that I think I swept the scent away.

A sniffie can be anything you know. I'm just trying to figure out how this has ummm kept going on?

Well OK ... just what are you looking for here?

I used to use a jewelers case and put sniffie samples in there, but I had to use my feather duster too much that I think I swept the scent away.

A sniffie can be anything you know. I'm just trying to figure out how this has ummm kept going on?

That is why I'm asking...because I never saw or used one before...it is amazing how when you are new dumb things like a sniffie are mysterious and I certainly appreciate everyones comments as they have given me a lot of ideas and hopefully all the other newbs on here.:tongue2: