Taking A Poll Here For Soy

Hi girls, just want to get a handle on what soy you all like. Please let me know what your using and how you like it before I get tons of samples here and go out of my mind - need to narrow this down a bit. Thanks Johann

Didn't mean to leave out the guys - I'm new here - I know all about samples and just wanted some help in discerning what good soy samples to buy. I have bought samples in the past and My money is limited right now. Just needed some real help.

Here is a usefull thread - It all boils down to what you like and what works for you. We have all traveled down that same road and most of us have tried many different waxes, to find one that we are satisfied with. Best of luck.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8827&highlight=soy+wax+poll

You asked this in a previous thread. You really need to just try different waxes and find what works for you. What one person likes or works for them, might not work for another or they may not like it. We are willing to help you but you really need to get some supplies and start testing. We've all spent countless hours finding what works for us. Start with a starter kit from a supplier nearest you. Just dive in and go for it. Good luck. :wink2:

KY soy wax

Millcreek soy wax

BG soy wax

BC soy wax

Many choices to choose from and the answer to your question is unanswerable. I don't use soy wax because I don't like soy wax. But, that is just my opinion.

The list above is some soy waxes I've read great reviews on.

And most of use aren't loaded and we don't have funds to throw away either.

And this is why long time chandlers will tell you, this is not a cheap endeavor.

You really have to buy samples and test, test and test some more to see what works best for you.

I've only tried Ecosoya Advanced soy wax so far. I get some wet spots and some frosting, but the tops set nicely and the scent throw is good. I prefer no color added as the frosting doesn't show as bad. My problem has been wicking this wax. It seems to need to be wicked up quite a bit. I'm limited with experience, but I'm happy to offer you what I've learned so far. :wink2:

Hi TxGirl,

I'm also taming the Ecosoya Advanced Beast and I have found that the RRD's and CD's wicks work well with this wax...also I have determined that this wax does well with a DW depending on the diameter of the jar, most of my jars are between 3 and 4 inches the DW seems to be working out ok...:wink2:

Thanks! I haven't tried a DW yet. I may have to though when I do bigger jars, which I haven't yet. I've been steadily, but slowly working my way upward on the wicks. Gone through about 3 sizes so far. I have more wicks coming today to try. I probably started out way to small and that's probably why I'm having to wick up so much. Live and learn. LOL

I've been testing LX series, CD and HTP. So far I'm liking the LX and CD wicks best.