Black & Gold

I have a couple questions, related to 1 topic.

It's football season, and I'm trying to come up with a candle for our Super Bowl Champion Steelers for this year. So what fragrance would you folks recommend for them, and does anyone have a formula for making a very black black?

The fragrance I thought of was banana licorice, but my wife promptly threw up. I guess banana asphalt is also out. Anybody have a very manly type fragrance they'd like to share?

Thanks

I have always found guys like Black Cherry or a vanilla scent. Otherwise a Drakkar or Cool Water or Clean Cotton scent just call them something else like

Silver Bullet

Black Ice

Black Gold

Gold Steel

Gold Rush

I'm not good with names but it doesn't have to look like the scent.

I would make it their gold color with some kind of black tie

My husband really likes All Hallow's Eve which can be dyed black. I think it would be a good Fall/Winter scent. You could always rename it too. It's a very nice unique scent. I think you (and your wife) will like it.

I'll have to give the gold one more thought though. Nothing comes to mind right off hand.

I just got a scent from Makes Scents candles called witches brew and everyone that has smelled it has said its a manly scent, its hard to describe, but it IS a manly scent. You could scent it poop....from a BROWNS fan, :P

Just kidding!

I think, if you want to play it safe...don't use any intense fruity or spicy scents at all. If you're trying to appeal to male buyers, I'd stick with male scents that are popular...a scent that men wear themselves. Such as Sharon said, like Drakkar or Cool Water. I've found lots of men also like Midsummer Night, which is somewhat similar to Drakkar, but if you smelled them side by side, you'd say they were totally different. Save on Scents has tons of male designer duplicate scents. You might want to check out their line of fragrances, you're sure to find something that will appeal to men there.

There are female football fans too! LOL! I would stick to something in a fall scent. You don't have to have two scents, two colors would be enough. You could even do a spicy vanilla or a buttery vanilla. I think the main attraction is going to be the dual colors for the Steelers. I personally am an Eagles fan!

Debscent: You are absolutely right, there are female football fans. LOL I guess since I have no interest in the sport myself and don't know many women that like it either, I went with the assumption that it was a predominantly male fan base. I stand corrected. :wink2:

Fern,

If you grow up in my family football is a birth right. LOL! Not a Steeler's fan though. Total Eagles fan, and I did an Eagles Candle for my uncle in Eagles Green in Birthday Cake...so you never know. LOL!

If you wanted to make it an authentic candle, the gold could be scented beer and the black be scented nacho cheese (eww...the thought). LOL!

Not sure on the scent...being a female Steeler's fan myself, I personally would go for a foody scent...but that's me, and I tend to lean towards those types anyway :) For a more manly scent, maybe like a Drakkar would be nice. I would do a half black, half gold container (like pp said, to avoid the bumblebee look). But I had some name suggestions:

Steel Curtain

Tailgaitin'

Champ

Big Ben's Blend

Okay, some are cheesy...hey, I'm tryin' here :) Let us know what you decide! I'd love to see some pics!

D

Thanks to all.

I think I'll stick with one fragrance, rather than blend, but use 2 colors. I don't think I'll use a food fragrance, I prefer something outdoorsy.

Good luck to all your teams. I'll send my condolences after the Steelers win the superbowl again.

Thanks again,

Fredron