Lets talk Foaming Bath Butter

sandyrose

Sounds awesome! I haven't tried it yet, but I'm about to place an order. What are you adding to it? I hear it's selling pretty well. My concern is that it would have to be priced higher than it's counter-part shower gel. salt/sgar scrub? I'd like to add some shea to it but I keep hearing that butter ruins the bubbling.

Can anyone tell me your experiences with this stuff?

I sell this, my customers and I all love it! I add sweet almond oil to it to start, then I add some jojoba beads and FO and package it in a low profile jar. I make sugar scrubs with it, just adding sugar, SAO and FO (It takes a LOT of sugar) I never measure the sugar, just add until it looks and feels right to me. I make a coffee scrub out of it with SAO, coffee grounds and a coffee FO too. I think that's all I make with it. It's a great seller for me, no matter what I do to it. MMS sent me some blueberry seeds in my last order, and I may try to make something with those someday.

I find it rather drying to my skin. It's a very neat concept and is super easy to make, but just not for me. I agree that when you scoop it out, lots falls into the bath or shower. I have used it on a bath poof before and that helps.

Ann

I loved the concept when I first heard of it. I sold it for a while and then canned it. Most of my customers love my shower gel more. I make a mean gel and just did not think that it was worth it for me to compete with my own product. I also did not like the mess on the floor of my shower.

I find it rather drying to my skin. It's a very neat concept and is super easy to make, but just not for me. I agree that when you scoop it out, lots falls into the bath or shower. I have used it on a bath poof before and that helps.

Ann

Yeah I sell mine FBB with a shower poof and use one myself, never had a mess with it.

It's weird to hear people say it's drying though- I have some horribly dry skin and this stuff makes my skin feel awesome. Weird how people react differently!

I've also read the posts about it being drying. Both my husband and I have super dry skin and feel wonderful after using this. I haven't tried any of the variations from the original instructions from Chemistry Store where I got it, but I intend to use a recipe I found using shealoe. I'll let you know how that works.

Just wondering, are you all using the one from Kangaroo Blue? Has anyone tried the Brambleberry FBB? Thanks! :)

I use Brambleberry's for the most part. What I have right now is from the last co-op that was done here, not sure where it came from but aside from it being a slight bit softer, it's the same. I have another order of it coming from BB soon.

• 4 months later...

I wanted to revive this old thread because I finally made my first batch of FBB and don't know what to think.

I got my FBB from Florida Soap Supplies. The recipe I found called for white sugar, but all I had available was demerara, so I used it.

I read somewhere that somebody said their's was like a mousse. My finished product looks more like a wet cookie dough. I tried some on my hands and think it feels great, but I'm definitely not impressed by the way it looks. I don't know if maybe I goofed it up by using larger sugar crystals, or if maybe my base was too old or something--it's almost a year old.

Any thoughts or advice?

I wanted to revive this old thread because I finally made my first batch of FBB and don't know what to think.

I got my FBB from Florida Soap Supplies. The recipe I found called for white sugar, but all I had available was demerara, so I used it.

I read somewhere that somebody said their's was like a mousse. My finished product looks more like a wet cookie dough. I tried some on my hands and think it feels great, but I'm definitely not impressed by the way it looks. I don't know if maybe I goofed it up by using larger sugar crystals, or if maybe my base was too old or something--it's almost a year old.

Any thoughts or advice?

Did you add SAO? Did you whip it a long time? Overwhipping causes mine to fall everytime..

I use Stephensons base.. I add about 2 oz SAO per lb, I have used all types of sugar and used salt. I add suagr to the point of saturation.. then add more..

I didn't add SAO, but added jojoba oil and glycerin per the recipe. I don't think I overwhipped it, since the person who provided the recipe said it can take a long time to whip it--up to an hour.

I didn't spend quite that amount of time--the cheapie mixer I'm using would probably catch on fire if I did. Maybe that could be part of the problem too.

It increased in volume as I mixed it, but it certainly wasn't fluffy. So far, it's holding its texture and what volume it has without collapsing or separating.

I've made it using only the SAO--2 oz pp. I also use the Stephenson's from Chemistry Store. Mine gets fluffy after whipping using a stand mixer for about 15-20 mins.

I have also made a sugar scrub using the fbb as a base. With this, I still use the SAO but also some RBO or AKO and shealoe. I've made it with white sugar and also using turbinado. This needs a preservative. Not knowing anything about preservatives, I called John at the Chemistry Store and asked and was told to use Germaden at 1%.

I found that using the shealoe with it gave it an entirely different consistency. Course, what's not to like about shealoe??

I didn't add SAO, but added jojoba oil and glycerin per the recipe. I don't think I overwhipped it, since the person who provided the recipe said it can take a long time to whip it--up to an hour.

I didn't spend quite that amount of time--the cheapie mixer I'm using would probably catch on fire if I did. Maybe that could be part of the problem too.

It increased in volume as I mixed it, but it certainly wasn't fluffy. So far, it's holding its texture and what volume it has without collapsing or separating.

I dunno maybe its your base... I only whip mine about 10 minutes and its good to go..never an hour.