Tins - Wick stickums coming off

Never had this problem before with glass but my experience with tins is almost non-existent - only testing now.

6 oz. tins burning no more than 3 hours per session. Noticed that the whole assembly was off center. Poked it and noticed it moves freely so the wick stickum is not holding in the heat. (Tin was clean, no residue).

Is this a usual problem with tins when the wax is completely melted toward the end? Any recommendations?

TIA

I use tons of tins and have never ever had one come loose from tin. Glass yes (ususally from not being clean enough) but tin no. Well, actually yes, but only on tins that I'd tested in and cleaned out, apparently not well enough.

New tins are usually much cleaner and more free of residues than glass, so I'm surprised. Had they been used? Or are the stickums not the best?

I only use stickums but will say they are not all created equal. I only use those from BCN, they seem to be the best IMO.

Mine are the ones from BCN - maybe they are too old now - I'd say they are about 7 or 8 months old. The tins were new - I did wipe out with a dry paper towel first. Looked perfectly clean to me. I'll use a grease-cutter on them next time.

Even new BCN stickums came loose for me occasionally. Just not a completely reliable solution, but convenient for testing for the same reason. You can get them off easily and start fresh, plus they're fast and easy, so I still use them. I clean the tin bottoms with OMS and try not to pull the wick too taught.

I started using the ones from BCN and I actually don't like them because of that little sticky lift up part....it makes it hard for me to take the paper off. I was using RE/AH's and never had a problem with them in my tins so now I am worried about the BCN...I am going to keep an eye on them.