So who's making Bubble Bars?

sandyrose

I'm about to give it a try. Anyone have any experience with these or any words of wisdom? I've never even tried one or purchased them anywhere myself. Hard to believe something solid can give you a full bath of bubbles!

Are these popular right now? Are people buying them?

I don't have my recipe up here in my office (don't wanna wake up the baby and go fumbling for it:tiptoe: ) I think I found it somewhere through The Chemistry store Website.

Something like baking soda, glyceryn liquid, & laurel somethin?

It sounds like they are moldable for a while before they harden and you can put them in a soap loaf mold and actually slice them. At least that's what it sounds like to me. I hope thats how it works cuz it sounds pretty cool!

You can sub corn starch in for the creme of tartar. I made these and had problems with getting what looked like moldy spots on the bars. I'm not sure what it was but when I questioned this, several answers I recieved said it was the FO and was common with sweeter scents. Just so happens I scented that batch with Pink Sugar.

• 2 weeks later...
So what's different in the ingredents and the way you mold them, verses a Bath Bomb?

The only difference in my recipe is with bath bombs I use 2 cups of baking soda, where as with the bubble bombs I use 1 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of SLSa...

Otherwise the recipes are exactly the same. :)