This is downright scary!

Maybe if you are buying them to use only incase of power failure...to store your matches in there????.....I don't know...never heard anyone ever say that before...lol...but hey...one good way to know where your matches are...lol

I would say that this statement might be a bit more scary....lol..

"They will burn non-stop for 60 hours."

or this one

"100% Natural and Good For You and Your Environment!"

If it has dye and/or FO in it - how can it be 100% natural - maybe the uncolored one is 100% natural. Maybe they have a 100% natural dye.

But this is my favorite.

"Using soy candles helps reduce our dependence on crude oil and is 100% biodegradable!"

When I read it, to me it means that if you are going to store these candles to use during a power failure, you should store your book of matches in the jar. That way, when the power goes out, the matches are readily available.

Reminds me of the time I purchased a ton of can goods for a hurricane heading in my direction only to realize that when I needed to open the cans all I had was an electric can opener and no electric...duh...:tongue2: guess I should have put the manual can opener with the cans, so I guess I can really relate to the matches being with the candles...:wink2:

I have a question about that. I threw a book of matches into one of my candle and it didn't light. I want to know how hers are able to light when you throw a book of matches in it. I threw about 20 or 30 books of matches in the candle and they just sat on top of the wax.

Might want to find out what kind of soy wax that is.

Oh geeze... I think it's a play on words of sorts. You know, take off the back of the remote an pop in a battery? Take off the cover of the flashlight and pop in a rechargable battery pack.... It's meant as humor (I think), but badly done since most people don't pick up sarcasm when it comes to reading. Sometimes I even have to go back and re-read things, and I'm the queen of sarcasm.

Hmm, I guess I'm not the brightest flower in the patch. :P>Just kidding< I think you may be right. It's a play on words to catch one's attention, I guess. It certainly caught mine, LOL!!!!!

I was just searching this morning, I forget what for because my mind has been on a million and one things, and stumbled onto that and it caught me off gaurd. I didn't EVEN consider storing matches inside a candle jar. Then again I don't live in hurricane holler either. We have the occasional ice storms and zero degree temperatures a couple times per year. I keep my crappy candles to put in our well house at those times and/or to light our home.

Thank you for the replies.

When I read it, to me it means that if you are going to store these candles to use during a power failure, you should store your book of matches in the jar. That way, when the power goes out, the matches are readily available.

And when the matches absorb the F/O and the oil from the wax, you'll have TWO candles! Yikes! Not a good idea!