Palm Wax with Glass t-lite holder

creativegems

I made a glass holder holer mold by request and made one for myself to try out with this wax. It would be easier to pop out if the metal mold was flat instead of concave. I may end up taking out the glass and pouring some wax in the hole to bring the glass up higher.

I was surprised the wax lightened up because when I poured it it was pretty dark.

Janet

This is what I do with my Astor specialty waxes. They are such a PITA to wick and have burn right, but yet they are SOOOO pretty, that I decided to just us a tealight plug and use it that way. Works very well, and you did a great job Janet. :)

I don't have any glass tealights, so I just use the plastic. I tried the metal ones, but the metal got a little too warm and would melt the wax around it just enough to get the darn metal stuck after the tealight was burned out. LOL The plastic ones aren't that bad and fall right out after burning. :)

Anyway, very pretty! :)

Thanks for the compliments!

Nope not with a silicone mold.

The wax did melt but just a tiny bit around the top of the inside and that was because the mold was concave and the glass was down into the wax. I don't know if it would happen if I had a flat bottom mold. Although because it melted the glass isn't going anywhere.

Janet

Ok I lied earlier. I don't know why but I wasn't able to get the glass out of the candle earlier but I could just now. I don't know if it will come out all the time.

I make the glass holer mold. All you do is drop the mold in the metal container, center and pour the wax. After the wax cools than pop out the holer. Piece of cake. I did use a concave metal mold instead of a flat bottom mold because it's all I had here but I think it would be better with a flat bottom mold. The glass won't be sitting so far down in the candle.

I won't scent the pillar. Just a waste of FO IMO but the tea lights will be scented.

Janet

Nice looking candle. Really like the color. I just made a candle with a glass tealite holder. The tealite was in a plastic container not metal. I cut a little piece of cork the same circumferance as the bottom of the glass holder. Then I put the cork circle ito the hole before putting the glass container with the tealite in. It worked very well. Was able to get everything out easily.

Ok I lied earlier. I don't know why but I wasn't able to get the glass out of the candle earlier but I could just now. I don't know if it will come out all the time.

I make the glass holer mold. All you do is drop the mold in the metal container, center and pour the wax. After the wax cools than pop out the holer. Piece of cake. I did use a concave metal mold instead of a flat bottom mold because it's all I had here but I think it would be better with a flat bottom mold. The glass won't be sitting so far down in the candle.

I won't scent the pillar. Just a waste of FO IMO but the tea lights will be scented.

Janet

Thanks Janet! I finally understand! (It's been a looooonnnggg day!)