wick storage ideas anyone?

Now let me start by saying that I'm FAR from a highly organized person LOLOL...but here's how I do it & it works for me. I only keep 3 types of wicks, so it might not be such a hot idea if you've got ga-zillions of diff styles. Anyways, I use the plastic flip-lid storage boxes from wal-mart. The ones you can see through. When my wicks arrive, they're in plastic bags with the ID label sticker on the outside of the bag. I simply remove it & stick it on the outside of the plastic box. This way I can find em at a glance and I can see when I'm running low. Hth!

I'll be watchin this to see how everybody else does it! :tongue2:

Ohhh! Thank you for asking this! I've got a zillion wicks thrown in a box, and was thinking today that I needed to get organized! Sorry I can't help ya, just wanted to let you know you're not alone :)

Great idea about the plastic boxes! Now if I just had somewhere to store them! LOL :)

D

Oooh I know. Me me me!!

I store mine in those drawer containers you can get @ Target. I have 2 3 drawer bins. So I get my bags, and just dump them into the correct bin. I like these as oppossed to flip tops because you have to actually move stuff around to get to the bottom one. This way just open a drawer and voila! HTH

I would think a hardware organizer would work great if you have alot of different wick to keep track of. I also read a tip somewhere that you can color code the tips of your wicks so if they get mixed up you can still tell what type it is. I think they just swiped the tip with different colored markers.

I have a little tool box I keep my wicks in. The top of the tool box has a place where I keep my wick tabs. Inside I keep all the wicks I use on a regular basis in plastic bags w/ labels on the bags. I also write on the bottom of the wick tabs what the wick is that way if I drop the bag or get busy and forget which wick I just pulled out, all I have to do is look at the bottom to see what it is. I also store in my tool box wick crimpers and my glue gun, extra sticks and pop sickle sticks w/ the hole in the middle to hold my wicks in place. The other wicks that I don't use on a regular basis I stick in a plastic bin all in baggies labeled as well as labeled on the bottom of the wick tab. HTH!:)

When I started out, and bought by the 100's, I used one of those over the door shoe holder things..the kind with about 20 pockets. Each pocket got a different size wick. The extra pockets had things like mold sealer (when I used to use that), warning labels, & other small stuff.

Now that I buy by the 1000's, and have scaled my wicks down to mainly a few sizes, I use a rolling bin thing with drawers that slides under my worktable.

I keep mine in the labeled zip locks they come in..and then in the plastic shoe box size rubbermaid containers...labeled by type..votive..large zinc..tea light..etc etc...and I keep my fabulous wick setting tool (papermate pen casing) in each box:D

Oooh I know. Me me me!!

I store mine in those drawer containers you can get @ Target. I have 2 3 drawer bins. So I get my bags, and just dump them into the correct bin. I like these as oppossed to flip tops because you have to actually move stuff around to get to the bottom one. This way just open a drawer and voila! HTH

I'm even too lazy to open a drawer! I got this thing at KMart that has three rows of bins - I think they are actually for kids rooms to organize their little shoes, toys, books,whatever...I label each bin with what type of wick is in there and just fill em up. Then I can just reach over and grab what I need. They work out so well. I got mine on sale for around $30 or so and it has 12 bins, three different sizes I believe. I use the bigger bins for storing tins, etc.

Oooh I know. Me me me!!

I use those too! For lots of stuff! I also buy those large plastic bins cause you can stack em. Only I get mine at Walmart or the Dollar store.

I use the 3 drawer organizers stacked 2 high on the workbench to keep a supply within reach when making candles. I fill them and the rest [get 500 at a time] go into the roll a way drawers I got at Staples I think. Labels on the front of each drawer keep me from getting confused when I'm working.