Another Attempt @ Marbles

Sherie

This another attempt at Marbles. I didn't use 1343. Instead, I wanted to see how 4625 would perform with this technique. On the 3x3 & 3x4 I used 3 drops of dye and experienced some cracking as a result of putting them in the freezer for 5 minutes to help them release (note to self: don't do it again, LOL). On the 3x6 I used 4 drops of dye and had some disfigurement I assume from too much heat from the heat gun. The little disk was left over wax that I added 2 drops of dye. It is more close to the affect I was trying to achieve. I want to thank Georgia for posting her results from her experiment. I was moving in the same direction. I think when I try this technique again, I will try 1 drop of dye.

dsc002144eh.th.jpg

I wish I could see your candles. The pix is too dark & too small.:o

Click on the picture, it'll bring it up larger.

Sherie, I tried marbling once...and not since then! LOL I love the look but it seems to definitely take some practice. You're not far, the one on the left looks really cool, IMO!

Oh girl I haven't had a chance to respond by email, but I think you're getting close. The one in the front is my fav. Always wanted to play with this technique a little more than what I've done, especially since watching Carmen go through it step by step. Perhaps I can get back to candlemaking and give it a go her soon :)

Thank you all for looking. Sorry Mountain, my lighting wasn't that great when I took the pic. I'm going at this again this weekend (I hope, lol). Well hi dee Scented! I was about to call your darn boss and tell him to back the heck off. I just wasn't sure if it was the show tour or your day job contributing to you MIA! LOL I'll post the next round when I get them done and I will take a better pic and use Photobucket to host it.

Click on the picture, it'll bring it up larger.

Thanks, Trish, that is MUCH better!

Figuring (sp?) out the right amt of color & the right amt of stir & the right amt of heat gun is ... part of the process. Keep working it, girl, you'll get 'em just the way you want 'em with a little more practise ... so goes the theory. :P:grin2: