CandleSource's Downy April Fresh

Katherine

Has anyone tried CandleSource's Downy April Fresh & if so, does it smell like the real thing? I usually use ICS's & it is an exact dupe, but I don't need anything else from them right now. I just tried JS & it is nothing like the real thing,at all. Smells nice, like clean laundrey, but not like DownyAprilFresh.

I wanted to try CandleSource after all the great reviews I've been reading & was wondering if I should just try a sample of the Downy, or if someone has tried it & thinks it is a good dupe, I'd get a full size. Thanks.

Yes, I agree, Clean Cotton & Downy April Fresh smell Nothing alike at all, to me. Although I DO like Clean Cotton as well. I was just looking for the Downy in particular. As for NG, I'm afraid if I go on their site I'll be tempted to try everything! (and eventually I will). For now, I think I'll just try some from CandleSource since I'm trying some samples anyway & since they are so reasonably priced. If it isn't a good dupe, I won't be out too much. It is just that after all the great Candlesource reviews & their VERY reasonable prices, I can't stop myself from doing a little order! I've got the urge to load up a shopping cart, but not get into too much trouble! Maybe I'll be happily surprised with the Downy.I'll let ya'll know! Thanks for all the opinions though. ALWAYS appreciated!

Their sun washed linen is wonderful!!!! I have placed a couple orders with them so far and have not yet been disappointed.

Their Coffee Caramel Cream, cinnamon and sandalwood, JJ Bedtime Bath and Black raspberry Vanilla are also fantastic-I am still testing some others as well.

Tracey

OH CRAP! Scratch what I said about NG and the april fresh. My "good" april fresh comes from lone star ! LOL With 23 FO suppliers that I buy from, I get confused sometimes. NG had a "nice" one, but not "the" one. IMHO. Bruce

I've never ordered from Lonestar. Anything else good from them? I've always been tempted to try these, have you used any? Marshmallow Maddness, Jazzberries, Pumpkin Pickin, Lollipop, Banana Nut Bread, Birthday Cake, Creamy Vanilla.

And I agree, ICS's Downy is a perfect dupe.

I've never ordered from Lonestar. Anything else good from them? I've always been tempted to try these, have you used any? Marshmallow Maddness, Jazzberries, Pumpkin Pickin, Lollipop, Banana Nut Bread, Birthday Cake, Creamy Vanilla.

And I agree, ICS's Downy is a perfect dupe.

I've only tried one scent from them and it was creme brulee...loved the scent and strong throw in my C-3 at the time. I like their creme brulee scent better than Peak's creme brulee...Peaks smells like syrup to me but still smells good.

I have to agree with Bruce. I loved the sample I tried of Lonestar's Downey April Fresh. I've only heard good things about JS's oil and their version was on sale so I went ahead and ordered a pound from there, I was disappointed. Not even close to Lonestar's. JMHO But I haven't tried anything else from Lonestar to give an opinion on.

I only buy the downy, hydrangea and moonlight lace (vanilla lace kicked up a notch) I don't use any of them for candles though, not strong enough for me so I use it for melts and incense. I have tried a lot of samples from them, but never found anything that was strong enough for me in candles. Bruce

Best way to describe the downy from lone star is that it has that "thick" smell that real downy has. Some of the others I have tried that do smell kinda like the real thing were ok but smell like a watered down version. This stuff from lone star smells so much like the real thing you expect it to be chunky blue when it comes out!

I have tried The Candle Source & Just Scent's April Fresh Downy - nothing compares it to Country Reflections - - the scent is Dead On! Very 'popular' scent for me too; i dont always order from there either thats why i tried Loren from The Candle Source as i love there fragrances! But Country Reflections is just like you use in your laundry - exact dupe! I have also purchased Sweat Pea & Sugar Cookies from Country Reflections - WOW there fo's are awesome!

Good Luck!

~Carlena~