Is my label too plain?

cleanglow

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the simple but elegant look you have on your label but I have 2 questions. I'm fairly new at selling but thought the wt. had to go on the front / main label. Also that ingredients info had to be on each product someplace, i.e. soy wax, fragrance oil, dye (if applicable) and wick (I state lead free wick). Maybe you have the ingredients on the bottom with your warning / caution notice and contact info.

Love the simple but elegant look you have on your label but I have 2 questions. I'm fairly new at selling but thought the wt. had to go on the front / main label. Also that ingredients info had to be on each product someplace, i.e. soy wax, fragrance oil, dye (if applicable) and wick (I state lead free wick). Maybe you have the ingredients on the bottom with your warning / caution notice and contact info.

No Sharl the only thing that has to be on a candle label is the net weight and some where on your candle you have to have some kind of contact info. If you are listed in the phone book as a business then all you have to have is your name. Eatables and B&B is different you have to list net weight, the ingredients and all your contact info.

I think it's great looking! I'd add the net wt. to the clear label and then the contact information where you have it now. I think it looks very stylish! I can't imagine any other type label on that jar. You've done good!!!

Two great things that I learned in my Sales/Marketing Mgmt school days that I will always remember:

1 - 1 grumpy customer will tell 12 of his friends the "bad news" about you company where 1 sweet customer will only tell 3 of her friends the "good news".

2 - the acronym K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple, stupid!

Not calling you stupid by any means - your lables are simple and yet elegant. If all your contact info is on your bottom lable, then you've got it covered! Great job!

I'm on my way to check out your label supplier - I've been attempting to use some on my laser printer and they simply stink!! Not so much as they are hard to line up but that the ink smudges off them no matter which way I print them! I've never had such a problem with clear lables!

Best wishes and good luck!

Life & Light!

Tish

Planetlabels.com has crystal clear labels to for laser printers!

label is great. i'm new at candle making so stupid question.did you make them on your computer

Not a stupid question, some people have them made professionally but yes, we made them on our computer.

Thanks again everyone! I did take some advice and I made the font larger and added the weight onto the label. It looks much better IMO with "Clean Glow Candles" larger :smiley2: