GB 444 and the continuing sink hole saga

Ok folks its been 3 days of trying out this wax (GB444) now at different temperature pours and Im still getting big air holes (craters) mainly around the wick but also off to the sides too. Of course dont you know I didnt save wax for a repour because I am making multiple fragrances and colors. The heat gun, my new best friend, has been fixing the problem but I would rather not have to go back over these every time I make a batch. I have poured from 120 all the way to 175. I was using 8 oz jelly jars and this last batch was made in apothacary jars 8 to 10 oz's with a 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 diameter rim.

Any body have any Ideas? I really love the finish on this wax and will keep it but I would like to make things a little easier. This is the new and improved 444 too, not the old verion.

Any comments appreciated!

John

How fast are you cooling them, jhepp? How's your workroom as far as temp, humidity, and air flow?

For a while I was solving the sinkhole problem by keeping my workroom temp above 77*F, but then that didn't work any more, so I'm wondering if it's a humidity thing as well (as the humidity here is much higher during the summer).

The later at night I pour them, the less likely they are to have a sinkhole, as well. (I don't know how much help that is, though. ;))

One other thing I noticed is that giving them a few stirs after the pour when they are <100 seems to have an effect. I noticed this after experimenting with some marbling (art for art's sake ;)).

That's probably more trouble than heat gunning, though, really.

Hello,

I have poured about 8 cases of this wax and in the beginning I was getting the sink holes. I then tried pouring like I do with 415, around 100 or 110 and no more sink holes. I know you are suppose to be able to pour hot, but I have not been able to. Pour cooler see if this helps you. Debi