Question about ornies???

I made a small test batch today abd they turned out great. I have one in my car right now so I can tell the smell.

Question is what are you using for string? Ribbon, regular string or fishing line or what? And how long do you cut it? Do you leave it for the customer to tie or are you tying it?

Sorry that was a few questions.LOL

Thanks for any help you can provide. I just want to put what looks the best in them and can't decide which it would be.

I use Stretch Magic jewelry cording. I cut it to 16". My car has an oversized mirror with compass and thermometer in it. 16" fits mine. It is too long in my daughter's car, but I figure it is easier for the customer to tie another knot to shorten it up.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

Can you guys tell me where you are buying that stretch cord or string? I checked local Walmart and they don't have it.

So if you don't mind telling me so I don't have to run everywhere I would appreciate it.THANKS!

Wal-Mart does have a tiny round elastic that will work, it is white and with the other elastic in the sewing departmant.

BTW - I cut mine 10 inches flat not streached. This size will streach around standard mirrors and not be to long. Tie the knot very close to the cut ends.

I prefer mine to be similar in look and color to the ornies (opaquey white/clear), so I use either the clear craft lace or the 30 lb gauge fishing line. The fishing line is cheaper, but the craft lace looks better. I love the look of the craft lace and it stretches a bit, too. I cut mine 18".

Liz D.