How much do you sell your Tarts/Melts for??

mindy5140

If this is the wrong place to post I'm sorry. I just didn't know where to post my question.

I sell my soy tarts for 50 cents each, my mom thinks that's to cheap. She thinks I should bump it up to 80 cents each but I think that's a little expensive. And also since The big dogs tarts are like $1.19 each where I live she thinks that I'm basically just giving them away for free.

So I'm wondering how much everybody sells theirs for??

TIA,

Mindy :)

I also live in out in the country ( small community) small town and only sell by word of mouth not in stores. i sell mine $2.50 a bag, 6 tarts to a bag. i still make money off these, the standard tart mold dont hold a full oz and even those places like yankee is selling them for over a $1 each, i wouldn't do it. because not only would i not sell any around here.( big city probably could) but i personaly wouldn't pay $1 for a tart thats does'nt weight a oz, the foiled lined cups from kycandle will hold more and i have bought them from people just to test a scent. for $1 . so much depends on where you live, round here the big shots that does have lots of money wants the big name things LOL! i have some party lites tarts that a lady was selling in her store, i keep them in a bag for when people comes by house to pick up their order or hubby takes order to them, i let them see the party lites to see which they would preferr LOL! they are amazed at how pretty & stronger throw mine have even cold. plus the little thin hearts are so disformed and thin . i do no travel in my sell, nor to stores, nor set up at craft shows, so i can sell at this price and still come out at least $6 ahead from tarts made from one LB of wax, plus most people buy more than one bag, most buys from 4-6 0r 8 bags at a time, then i will hear from them the next month. so i think you have to consider how much it cost you to make & sell tarts to know what to charge from them and where you live. this ist a hobby for me that i don't want to get so busy at, that i don't have time for all the other things in my life.:)

Im in a small town and im new to the area but i sell my soy tarts for 50 cents each. I am thinking about upong the price to .75 or go with the clamshells.

I live in a small town to but I do see potential in selling my tarts for 75 cents each, clamshells I sell these and barely anybody knows what they are so I barely sell any and I sell mine for (clamshells $2.50).

Mindy :)

I just raised the price today.It was $1.00 for 2 in a pack.Now it is 2 for $1.60.Paying for shipping that way but might just do away with 2 pack and go with 6 and 12 pack.Believe me I realized that selling for $.50 each that is cheap.The only place I MIGHT sell that cheap would be craft shows.

LynnS