Cucumber soap!!

beloved

:yes:

I like the rounds too. I never make round soap; what did you use as a mold?

e

:o My mold is a pringles can. when the kids get the chips gone I wipe it out with a damp paper towel. I do not insulate what ever is the lining in the can and the cardboard can does good enouh. I have had it puff up on the top so i think it all most volcanoed but only an inch. and just in the middle. I only use them once. I cut the can on a angle and peel away and cut the soap.

Not my idea some one here used Pringles and i gave it a try. It works for now

JO

They look, well down right edible :drool: !! I've been reading alot on another forum about veggie soap. Did you use just the skin or puree the whole cuke?? I think they turned out wonderful!! :yes:

:grin2:Thanks! I read about it on another forum too! So thought I would give it a try. I scraped The sead part out I did not know if the big seeds would bother my skin. Pureed it froze it thawed it out pureed it again to make sure all the fiber was broke down. filtered the water out and used it as my water and it truned brown. at trace i put in heaping tsp. of the pulp. I did not put in any fo or eos wanted to know if sent would stay. No it did not. But right now it is pretty. Time will tell the whole story.

Jo

:yay: Thanks to all that liked my soap. It is my 5th batch. First 4 were kinda yuky. I think i finally got a handel on it I mean as a newbie. hope I can now work on putting a great bar of soap together. I want a mosturizing bar. My skin is now 57 and not as it use to be. Again thank for the encouragement

JO

Made some last month. Pureed the whole cucumber (used 3 oz in place of 3 oz of water in a 40 oz batch). Colored with green oxide and scented cuc melon. Came out fine-flecks of cuc look kind of golden against the green soap. I really like the natural look of yours though-super nice soap there!!

Glo

beloved - you might be very surprised about the smell. I did a cucumber soap last summer, cured it, boxed it up and forgot about it. The other day I found it when I was reorganizing. Curious about how it had aged, I brought a bar in and let me tell you, it has a wonderfully soft cucumber smell and the creamy lather is incredible. I love it!

Mine errupted with a pringle's can too.... :(

I'll try the pringles can again... I insullated w/ my Honey Calenomile

I love cucumber puree... Have you tried Carrot too. Those are the only fresh veggie's that work for me... I used Kiwi and Strawberry... the soap is very nice but I don't like the look... I have photo's if you're interested....

:yes:

:o My mold is a pringles can. when the kids get the chips gone I wipe it out with a damp paper towel. I do not insulate what ever is the lining in the can and the cardboard can does good enouh. I have had it puff up on the top so i think it all most volcanoed but only an inch. and just in the middle. I only use them once. I cut the can on a angle and peel away and cut the soap.

Not my idea some one here used Pringles and i gave it a try. It works for now

JO

beloved - you might be very surprised about the smell. I did a cucumber soap last summer, cured it, boxed it up and forgot about it. The other day I found it when I was reorganizing. Curious about how it had aged, I brought a bar in and let me tell you, it has a wonderfully soft cucumber smell and the creamy lather is incredible. I love it!

:highfive: hope that happens to mine. have a blessed day to you and to all.

Mine errupted with a pringle's can too.... :(

I'll try the pringles can again... I insullated w/ my Honey Calenomile

I love cucumber puree... Have you tried Carrot too. Those are the only fresh veggie's that work for me... I used Kiwi and Strawberry... the soap is very nice but I don't like the look... I have photo's if you're interested....

No i haven't tried carrot but i think it will be next on the list. Now that i started making veggie soap it want to do pineapple. uuuhhhhhhhhh i wonder if it would keep it's smell? Anyone know?

Oh I have heard that honey will make soap extra hot and must folks put it in the frig. Yes Yes would love to see a picture. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Jo

No i haven't tried carrot but i think it will be next on the list. Now that i started making veggie soap it want to do pineapple. uuuhhhhhhhhh i wonder if it would keep it's smell? Anyone know?

Oh I have heard that honey will make soap extra hot and must folks put it in the frig. Yes Yes would love to see a picture. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Jo

Watch the pineapple... it may turn brown... there's a LOT of acid in that so there's going to be a chemical reaction.... It may be orange or brown... look at my Citrus/Honey/Ginger soaps...

here's the link: http://360.yahoo.com/la77ny

:yay: I love the foot print where did you get that mold? Boy your whipper blender thingy really did a job on the carrot and cucumber. Wish i had one like that. your soap look really great. Are those siocome molds? forgive my spelling.

Watch the pineapple... it may turn brown... there's a LOT of acid in that so there's going to be a chemical reaction.... It may be orange or brown... look at my Citrus/Honey/Ginger soaps...

here's the link: http://360.yahoo.com/la77ny

Thank you :D ..... I got the hand blender (stick,whipper, puree'er *l* and there's another attachment) from Macys... I get a lot from there... it was only $20.00 or $29.00.. I should have gotten 2 ... it's very handy...... I think it's by Braun(?)...

I got the molds from flexiblemolds.com.... I wanted to buy the whole store... boy if I had a couple thousand $'s I could do some SERIOUS soap damage...*l*...

I want this pie mold :(www.soapmoldsrus.com

I love the veggie soaps. I think that it is interesting to put things in it.

Yes, honey and milk with make your soaps over heat. When I make oatmeal, milk and honey soap I don't insulate. I also have a fan blowing on it to try and help keep it cooler. You may also chill your soap mold.:)