Soil Moist

ok this is what I found

Soil Moist and Crystal Accents have numerous uses in addition to horticulture and agricultural applications. Use for fresh and silk flower arrangements, decorations, centerpieces and ice/heat packs. Ideal for weddings, holidays, crafts, home decor, floral arrangements and many more! Dealers refer to form #'s 183 (tri-fold), 184 (retail sheet).

Decorative Applications

The "purer" the water, the larger the crystals will grow. Distilled water is the best.

Add 2 tablespoons (one ounce packet) of Crystal Accents into a 1 gallon container of distilled water (or use 3 tablespoons of polymer into 1 gallon of tap water). Let the crystals sit and hydrate 3-4 hours. For faster results, use hot water. Drain any excess water. When the polymer has finished hydrating the appearance will look like chunks of ice.

here's the link there's some pictures http://www.soilmoist.com/novdeco.html

guess I'll try it :P

Yes they will work. What I have found is that with different brands some will require more crystals to absorb the water.

I do mine a little different than some of the instructions out there.

I mix mine directley into an 8oz jelly jar. First I add some distilled water in the jar then I add 1/2tsp of table salt (this seems to help with mold) then stir with a drinking straw then I add food color then 2 TBS of crystals then 1oz of fragrance then stir with straw. I keep stirring every so often until crystals have fully absorbed liquid. If I need I will top off with more distilled water just to the first rim on jar and stir. I use canning jar metal seals then the cut out metal lids. The canning jar seals work so much better than the wax coated paper discs or the plastic discs.

Hope this helps. Candle Man

Yes they will work. What I have found is that with different brands some will require more crystals to absorb the water.

I do mine a little different than some of the instructions out there.

I mix mine directley into an 8oz jelly jar. First I add some distilled in the jar then I add 1/2tsp of table salt (this seems to help with mold) then stir with a drinking straw then I add food color then 2 TBS of crystals then 1oz of fragrance then stir with straw. I keep stirring every so often until crystals have fully absorbed liquid. If I need I will top off with more distilled water just to the first rim on jar and stir. I use canning jar metal seals then the cut out metal lids. The canning jar seals work so much better than the wax coated paper discs or the plastic discs.

Hope this helps. Candle Man

thanks

how much water do you start with?

:P

Are these less expensive than smelly jellies? I would think saving on shipping and the convience of just buying it locally would probably be worth it even if it has a little more expensive purchase price. I've never made smelly jelly jars, but I have to admit some of those pics looked pretty cool, especially the ones as candle holders. :P

• 5 months later...

I have several ??? on these.

* Do the metal canning seals rust since there is water

* Can you use any type of FO, B&B, candle safe etc?

* Can you use EO in these?

* You actually use 1 oz of FO per 8 oz jar? That seems like a lot to me

* Do these sell well for those who sell them?

* Can you use other type of jars besides canning jars?

Sorry for all the ???, I am looking for an alternative product for my line to candles. I do not have the time or desire to start on a candle venture but my customers are very interested in some type of candle type of product to coordinate with my fragrances etc. I have also had fundraiser requests for these. I would like to market them as Wickless candles or something like that.

TIA

Michelle

I tried some the other night. I added 7oz of tap water (I know, I was just playing) and 1tsp fo and 1tsp of the water crystals. It filled up the little square masons nicely. I think an oz of FO is quite a bit. There are very smelly for just a tsp.

I have several ??? on these.

* Do the metal canning seals rust since there is water They sell so fast for me and never sit on the shelf long enough to check.

* Can you use any type of FO, B&B, candle safe etc? YES

* Can you use EO in these? I don't use EO so I don't know.

* You actually use 1 oz of FO per 8 oz jar? That seems like a lot to me I started out using less than 1oz of FO but found them weak. Remember this product has no heat to help the scent throw, unless you use a candle warmer. I also suggest to take off the metal lid and heat in the microwave for less than 1 min for stronger scent.

* Do these sell well for those who sell them? I sell alot of them to teacher's. They can't burn candles in their classroom here where I live. They also sell well for Nursing Homes & College Dorms where they are not allowed to burn candles.

* Can you use other type of jars besides canning jars? These seem to be the only jar that has the daisy cut out lids.

Sorry for all the ???, I am looking for an alternative product for my line to candles. I do not have the time or desire to start on a candle venture but my customers are very interested in some type of candle type of product to coordinate with my fragrances etc. I have also had fundraiser requests for these. I would like to market them as Wickless candles or something like that.

TIA

Michelle

Hope this answers your questions.

Candle Man