Stupid ?? on Presto pot

I'm sorry if this question has already been posed and yes I've looked in archives about it. This might be a stupid question but I looked at the directions oon making onoe of those Presto pot things to melt your wax in and I'm having trouble imagining how you all are pouring the wax through that little spiggot ono the bottom if it's all the way at the bottom and you need the wax to pour at the top of your mold. I assume you don't hold the mold so how is it done? Stupid question? Sorry. Maybe I'm having a brain fart. LOL Thanks.

I use glass measuring cups(16 oz)from Wally World - place your color in first, spigot out your wax from your presto pot, wait til the desired temp to add FO(i buy the smaller glass measuring cups(4 oz)I have 6 of each of them, so i dont have to wash them up right away; and the glass is easier to see the color in case you need to add more. Also, if you need to remelt the rest of the wax in from the larger measuring cup, just place it in the microwave pour & wipe out with paper towel & wash in soap water. VIOLA!

Good Luck,

~Carlena~

I have a shelf - I think it's actually a shoe shelf for a closet organizing system. My pot sits on the shelf, my pour pot on the scale sits on my counter. I mix color and scent in the pour pot, but I think even if you mixed in the presto it would be easier to pour the wax from the presto into a pour pot or pyrex cup or whatever and from that into the mold. Otherwise, you would have to move one mold full of hot liquid wax out of the way to pour the next.

I was a little perplexed about the Presto too before I bought one. I wasn't sure I wanted the spigot but I thought it would be heavy, messy & dangerous to pour directly from the Presto into my pot. It might be dangerous but it's not heavy or messy at all.

I use a glass Pyrex measuring cup for my pour pot. I have a large 5 cup & a small 1 cup. I only use this because I use to melt my soy in the microwave & I haven't bought an aluminum pot yet. I just pop the pyrex upside down on a cookie sheet in the oven on 200 degrees while my wax is melting. When my wax is finished I just unplug my Presto & pour the wax into the pyrex, add dye & FO. It's really very easy. I'm sure an aluminum pot would be easier but I haven't really felt the need to buy one yet. I like the measuring lines on the Pyrex because it's easy for me to get an accurate amount without having to mess with my scales. Plus the pyrex pot stays hot for a very long time.

When I get all of the wax I need I just let it stay in my Presto until the next time. If I know I'm going to be using a different wax the next time then I just pour the still melted wax into a Glad container & label it.

This is very interesting to me. I use big roasting pans to keep my wax in, the kind for Thanksgiving turkeys, and then use a ladle to pour into my measuring cups. After reading some of the replies on this thread, a couple of you wrote that you put the color and FO in your bowl first and then add the wax. Is the temp of your wax always at the right temp? I sometimes have to let mine cool for a bit till the right temp before adding the FO.