Candlemakers beware

Candlemakers beware

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about a woman who has been emailing candle companies telling them that she is a radio talk show host and wants to try your candles.

She goes on and on about her passion for highly scented candles and wants you to send a few complimentary candles for her to try and review on her “talk show”. In exchange she will give you free advertising on her show and write a review for you on candlefind.

This woman is a fraud, she has hit up 8 so far that I know about and the candlemakers fell for it hook line and sinker. She is a scam artist. Stay far away!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to add to the post that my friend who makes and sells candles (candlegrl~Lisa) was almost taken by this person, she even sent her an email stating that all the candles she has recieved so far were crap (if you can believe that!) DON'T BELIEVE THIS LADY!! thank god Lisa didn't send her anything!

I wanted to add to the post that my friend who makes and sells candles (candlegrl~Lisa) was almost taken by this person, she even sent her an email stating that all the candles she has recieved so far were crap (if you can believe that!) DON'T BELIEVE THIS LADY!! thank god Lisa didn't send her anything!

Just wondering because my friend received a detailed list of the companies that were gracious enough to send free candles. She also mentioned a few that she was speaking to. Do you mind telling me what Lisa’s website is?

I am just wondering if she is naming us as she sends her emails to make herself sound more legit.

Just wondering because my friend received a detailed list of the companies that were gracious enough to send free candles. She also mentioned a few that she was speaking to. Do you mind telling me what Lisa’s website is?

I am just wondering if she is naming us as she sends her emails to make herself sound more legit.

well you can always pm her(lisa) and ask her for the website,

pm me if you'd like

Okay I think this is crazy! I have a total of 7 emails from this lady she was so pushy in one breath she said she is in broadcasting and in another breath had been out of work for 7 months what is up with that? I do not put up with this kind of crap I am doing my own investgation! I also will forward everything to candlefind :mad:

If someone is really doing a review, I should think it would be better if they bought the candles instead of asking for comps/samples. Making a purchase like a regular customer would enable them to learn about how good the service is, and this would factor into the review.

If someone is really doing a review, I should think it would be better if they bought the candles instead of asking for comps/samples. Making a purchase like a regular customer would enable them to learn about how good the service is, and this would factor into the review.

Your right!

Well an email was sent to this woman stating forward me your radio station info so she could verify that she was legit .....

NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS WOMAN NEVER RESPONDED. ALL COMMUNICATIONS FROM HER STOPPED ............ BUSTED!!!

Total scam!!

Can I legally post her name on this site?

Well an email was sent to this woman stating forward me your radio station info so she could verify that she was legit .....

NEEDLESS TO SAY THIS WOMAN NEVER RESPONDED. ALL COMMUNICATIONS FROM HER STOPPED ............ BUSTED!!!

Total scam!!

Can I legally post her name on this site?

Please PM me so I can see if it is the same lady?? Then find out if you can post so no one else gets taken!

Screw it I'll post the name!

SUZIE PECK

She hit me up too and I fell for it. She does not even have a job much less have a radio show. Total freaking fraud.

Please, everyone forward your emails to candlefind. She is bribing people with good reviews for free candles and portraying herself as a reviewer for the candlefind site which is a total lie. That is tacky if you ask me! Also how will you ever know if your company name was even blurbed on the air unless you know the station and live in the state???? Please.It is true that once you ask her for credentials you never hear from her again but hey how many sent her shit for a little free advertising like me. Live and learn.

:mad:

Screw it I'll post the name!

SUZIE PECK

She hit me up too and I fell for it. She does not even have a job much less have a radio show. Total freaking fraud.

Please, everyone forward your emails to candlefind. She is bribing people with good reviews for free candles and portraying herself as a reviewer for the candlefind site which is a total lie. That is tacky if you ask me! Also how will you ever know if your company name was even blurbed on the air unless you know the station and live in the state???? Please.It is true that once you ask her for credentials you never hear from her again but hey how many sent her shit for a little free advertising like me. Live and learn.

:mad:

susan peck

This is what I have!

Hi Everyone!

This is Carolyn, owner of CandleFind.com. I just wanted to let all of you know that we've been in contact with a lot of candlemakers over the past week about your dealings with this woman. She is a total con artist and liar. Until I heard about all of this craziness, I had never even heard of this woman before. She is NOT an official reviewer for CandleFind. She's simply a member of our review board and has been using my web site's name to try to get free candles out of you. We are SO annoyed she's been doing this and have now told her that she's been banned from reviewing on our review board and that she is not welcome on CandleFind at all. I feel so bad that some of you were taken by her and sent her free stuff. Please continue to spread the word that this woman has NO ties with the CandleFind staff and is just a con. Besides using our name, I am so annoyed she isn't even thinking that all of you are trying to make a living at this. I can't stand it when I come across a person like this who thinks they are extra special in some way and should get everything for free rather than having to pay for things like the rest of us honest people do.

She claims to have a radio show, but when asked for her credentials by a candle company who hears from her, she refuses...total con.

Thanks for listening.

Carolyn :)

Now she emailed me too with a picture, She quoted in one email that

"In my 14 years there, I have had 4 stalking cases. You calling up and asking about me, will route you to the police department." She is worried about stalking yet she gives her home address to send candles to rather then the radio stations address. Does that even make sense????? Now sent me a picture of her the DJ and producer to verify she is a real DJ.... OKAY

Give me a break. She just can't even verify what station she even works out of. Bet cha that she is not contacting any local candle co's in her area. They would probably route HER EMAILS TO THE POLICE DEPARTMENT. Intent to defraud.

Just how far is she going to take this cause I can poke holes in just about every statement that pours out of her lying mouth.

Look I have a talk show too, Everyone send me some free candles. LOL LOL LOL

TalkShowHost.jpg

Thank You Carolyne and all who posted the TRUTH about this con artist! I'm very sorry for those who got taken.:embarasse We are ALL trying to make a living in these very hard times and someone who contacts you asking not only for Free candles but FREE shipping from for some review IS a con and you need to steer clear.

Because I don't have a web site, I don't get these people in my mail. Ask LOTS of questions before agreeing to send anything free!

Fire:cool2: