Candlemakers beware

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you that do not have aol, you can go online and sign up for a free account and view her profile in the member directory.

If you got the email with a picture of her as a "DJ" you clearly see that you are looking at 2 totally different woman.

:yay:

Too funny and very sad at the same time

She deleted her profile from AOL. Someone probably called her on it. Spread the word guys.

Where do we report internet scams? Hell she sent me her address so I can forward all the emails to them. I HATE SCAMMERS!:mad:

Maybe and if she is reading......... "HEY B*TCH I HAVE YOUR ADDRESS AND YOUR EMAILS PLUS PICTURES AND I AM HEADED TO THE POLICE DEPT TOMORROW TO FILE A REPORT. I HOPE THEY LET YOU BURN MY CANDLES IN PRISON "

From private emails with other candlemakers we think that she is getting it form a yahoo candle chat group and candlefind.

"In my 14 years there, I have had 4 stalking cases. You calling up and asking about me, will route you to the police department."

I would love someone to respond with "How ironic...your coning me and others just got YOU routed to the FBI."

It is called internet fraud and it IS a federal offence, Miss Suzie Peck. And every single one of you should report it to the FBI. They have teamed up with the Dept of Justice and the Natl White Collar Crime center. Send them everything you have...if you don't know how to get the IP addresses off of an email address, google it and figure it out...pretty easy. List the IP address and forward the emails. If enough people do it, it will trigger a huge red flag. Calling the locals may get some results, but this, again, is a FEDERAL crime because it crossed state lines. Here is where you can report her butt: http://www.ic3.gov/ Carolyn, since you are OWNER of the board she is totally misrepresenting, you should especially say something.

Also, if her state has an Attorney General's State office, I would send the info to them as well...might as well hit her from all sides, huh? And I hope she is reading this AND shaking in her shoes...as well she should. She is liable to get hit with TONS of fines...kinda makes me smile just thinking about it.

Well the shit had to hit the fan cause she not only deleted info and her pictures from her profile BUT now changed the occupation to BROADCASTING. LOL LOL LOL LOL :P

Sure that validates it TOTALLY!

Too FUNNY! What a loser !

WHAT A LUNATIC....

I posted a comment on the dish also to warn the other members about her habits... Why on earth would someone go to such lengths to get free candles... strange.. the yahoo profile.. everything....

Haven't heard if anyone there was burned but if so, I bet they will go after her.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I sent her a few tea lights. I get a LOT of requests for freebies, but she just didn't strike me as a freebie hunter - the way her email was worded. She did say she does a radio show, and I have no idea if that's true or not, but she didn't say she reviews for a candle review site. For the record, she sent me a check reimbursing the full amount for the tea lights and shipping, because of the flack she caught for all this. I think this whole deal might be a little blown out of proportion. I mean, the way I see it, I chose to send her the samples. If she lied, well that's not right, but I don't think she really deserves the name calling. I was motivated to send her samples, because I thought I might get exposure for my product. If she tells a few people that she likes my candles, well then I guess I got what I wanted.

It is a good lesson for us small business people. We shouldn't ever send out any solicited samples, because anyone who was seriously going to submit a review, would not tell you that was the intention. They would simply buy the product and review it. So that is going to be my policy from now on.

Con artists aren't totally stupid...careless at times, yes. Did you cash her check? I'd be curious if it was good. And how much is a couple of tealights, is it enough to clear her name. I don't think so. And, yes if she is lying and manipulating the truth, she deserves every name she's been called, and more.

Well, I sent her a few tea lights. I get a LOT of requests for freebies, but she just didn't strike me as a freebie hunter - the way her email was worded. She did say she does a radio show, and I have no idea if that's true or not, but she didn't say she reviews for a candle review site. For the record, she sent me a check reimbursing the full amount for the tea lights and shipping, because of the flack she caught for all this. I think this whole deal might be a little blown out of proportion. I mean, the way I see it, I chose to send her the samples. If she lied, well that's not right, but I don't think she really deserves the name calling. I was motivated to send her samples, because I thought I might get exposure for my product. If she tells a few people that she likes my candles, well then I guess I got what I wanted.

It is a good lesson for us small business people. We shouldn't ever send out any solicited samples, because anyone who was seriously going to submit a review, would not tell you that was the intention. They would simply buy the product and review it. So that is going to be my policy from now on.

When I looked at the second picture I thought.... OMG it's Dixie Cooney Martin for All My Children lol. Thought it looked just like her :laugh2:

the pic may even be a fake.

Thanks for posting this, and I really think it is a rotten thing to do. Whom ever got scammed should report it.

Problem is that when she tells her friends you'll have to contend with them also. I caught her in lie after lie. When I confronted her about it, I haven't heard another word out of her! As for the name calling, she does deserve it. I am glad that Tweek let us know about it. Too late for me. But if it keeps another of my fellow chandlers from being scammed, then it was well worth it!

Beverly S

Some of the paragraphs were taken off this thread. Tried to reword it but hell... It was perfect so don't fix it.:laugh2:

I think she was scared shitless. And it was well deserved.

You of all people I am sure got a kick out of it cause you got the lame ass picture she forged of her in "I really am a radio host" email.:laugh2:

What got me was that she would not give up and tried to make you feel guilty. She tried every number in the book. What a lame ass!

"I can't give you my radio stations phone number because I was stalked but here is a picture of me and my home address"

What a fuc^in idiot!:laugh2: