How do you get this type of finish???

I wonder if this isn't a spray on finish. Just a thought. Janette

You can use metallic spray paint, I have, but the candle must be un-scented. First wipe down candle with rubbing alcohol and then don't touch the candle with bare hands, best to wear gloves, you don't want oil from your hands to get on it. Spray on metallic paint, and try not to get any runs. The metallic paint alone may not give you the shine like the ones talked about. If not, then just spray on a gloss clear coat. No, this paint or clear coat is not flammable, once it is dry.

You can use metallic spray paint, I have, but the candle must be un-scented. First wipe down candle with rubbing alcohol and then don't touch the candle with bare hands, best to wear gloves, you don't want oil from your hands to get on it. Spray on metallic paint, and try not to get any runs. The metallic paint alone may not give you the shine like the ones talked about. If not, then just spray on a gloss clear coat. No, this paint or clear coat is not flammable, once it is dry.

I was wondering about the flammability issue..

those pebble ones are real neat..like that idea.

Well, it does say in the description that it's a shell over white paraffin, so I'd guess it's over dipped too. They do make a metallic finishing stuff for candles, I think I've seen it listed at Pourette, but I could be wrong.

Pourette sells a metallic spray finish for candles. I haven't used their brand, but i have used a similar product from a local supplier. It isn't paint. I'm not sure what it is made of but it doesn't inhibit the burn at all, or cause any other problems. It comes in several colours, gold, silver, bronze, green, red etc....

The metallic sprays for candles works great......but like Candle Man said you need to wipe down your candle with alcohol first and not touch it for the spray to go on properly. I'm working on 80 pillars in silver for my niece's wedding this fall and it takes time, but well worth the effort. If you spray with a gloss coat to finish them off, they are beautiful. I still use a 36 flat braid with no problems!! :cool2: