Whipped Gingered Orange Mousse soap

Brenda

Here's what's smelling up my kitchen right now (can't stand to be outside, so might as well soap!):

Whipped_Gingered_Orange_Mousse.jpg

This one smelled great as soon as I mixed the two FOs. I used 1 part Gingered Essense from Snowdrift and 4 parts California Navel Orange from The Scent Works in this whipped soap. It does smell wonderful. I didn't even mind cleaning up my mess! :cool2:

Wouldn't it be cool to make a whole lot of these piped shapes and sell them as little single use guest soaps? Put a few in a cool acrylic box or bag or sell them at shows in mix and match bins and let people choose their own with tongs?

pastilles.jpg

Thanks for checking out my whipped soap. :) I think I might have to mix some of these FOs up with some cyclo and spray it in my car.....

yummy they sound great! I love the idea of the piped little guest soap... how big is it? I know when i make cakes I make different size iceing stars... just wondering in oz how big that soap would be... its sooo cute... good idea for the guest soap...

you may also want to make it like a signature sample

I love the idea of the piped little guest soap... how big is it?

The base of the small one in the pic is about the diameter of a quarter. I just think they'd look pretty in various scents and colors nested in a pretty bowl in a guest bathroom. The sample idea is a great one too! :) Thanks.

see, I really shouldn't look at these soaps..they always make me want sugary things! Those soaps look like creamy butter mints...not gonna buy any butter mints! nope you can't make me do it:drool:

They would make very nice sample or guest soap. Nice job!

Oh can you imagine those as "frosting" on a soap cake? OMG that would be just too divine!

Funny you should say that...I was considering lining a springform pan with freezer paper to make a "cake" that could be decorated later. I have experience with fancy cake decorating (years ago :rolleyes2 ), but I would have a problem ever cutting the thing. Still haven't got a suitable cutter made for the soap made in a log. :cry2:

I've got to come up with something tomorrow. Purple Lilac gave a good suggestion, but I have to go browse around Lowes to get what I need.

You wouldn't need to fragrance the decoration "icing" so you'd have a long time to be able to work on putting on the finishing touches. It's my understanding you can use whipped soap on regular soap bars and it's supposed to "stick".

Thanks, everyone!

Here are the logs straight out of the molds. Won't be able to cut them until a little later. Still very soft as you can see from my thumbprint on the end of the larger log.

whipped_gingered_orange_log.jpg

Now you can see there is green in there too. :)

I can just imagine my mess of trying to get the damn soap in the bag to pipe it...

It's all like cooking/baking to me with all the measuring, whipping, cooling,decorating and testing and it's so much fun and easier if you like cooking;)